Can't get it fixed!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Chammers

Post by Chammers »

Day 45 update:
The guy from the Executive Office who is now overseeing my case called this afternoon: Just what value he is adding is not clear to me, I had asked on my previous conversation with him for a more realistic offer to buy my car back and an F-Type loan car - both those requests have drew a blank. All he could tell me was that the engine on my car was being removed as we spoke!
F-Type 400 Sport Coupe, Indus Silver, Panoramic roof, Climate pack2, front parking aid, rearview camera

chicb

Post by chicb »

Looks like they are still telling porkies. On Wednesday they were working on the car & now, Friday they are "removing it as we spoke". It does not take 3 days to remove an engine. Suggest you drop in tomorrow morning to "check" on progress :oops:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

OMG what a shambles, I really sympathise and even after all this time Sturgess are still dragging their feet and not doing what they say they will, even after they replied on this forum, I’ll certainly never deal with them now and I’m on my fourth Jaguar, thank goodness I use Guy Salmon, never had a problem there and customer service top notch, if you ever get your car back in running order I’d cut and run for the hills.
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

chicb wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:47 pm Looks like they are still telling porkies. On Wednesday they were working on the car & now, Friday they are "removing it as we spoke". It does not take 3 days to remove an engine. Suggest you drop in tomorrow morning to "check" on progress :oops:
Definitely a good shout dropping in! Dealership has been very quiet after their initial post..
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Chrissyg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 pm
chicb wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:47 pm Looks like they are still telling porkies. On Wednesday they were working on the car & now, Friday they are "removing it as we spoke". It does not take 3 days to remove an engine. Suggest you drop in tomorrow morning to "check" on progress :oops:
Definitely a good shout dropping in! Dealership has been very quiet after their initial post..
I suggest call, let them know you will be coming in and meet with Nicola and if he can be available Chris Sturgess (owner) and the service manager. I’m sure better resolved off line, than the ever more vociferous keyboard warrior escalation comments.
Start to be pragmatic. The situation is for sure unacceptable from your perspective, but it’s a Jaguar warranty problem and not the dealer’s and accept they have no desire or interest to buy back the car. Why would they?
My belief is knowing you are coming in will get you a lot further than just landing and demanding.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
chicb

Post by chicb »

I would not call them, that gives them a head up to get someone "working" on the car. The time for being nice is long gone.
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
chicb

Post by chicb »

"My belief is knowing you are coming in will get you a lot further than just landing and demanding."

Well, being nice has not got him anywhere since 1st May has it ?. I think he has been a very patient person for far too long. It cant get any worse for him can it. What are they going to say, "if you shout at us, we wont work on your car" well they havn't been working on his car, have they.
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:25 pm
Chrissyg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 pm
I suggest call, let them know you will be coming in and meet with Nicola and if he can be available Chris Sturgess (owner) and the service manager. I’m sure better resolved off line, than the ever more vociferous keyboard warrior escalation comments.
Start to be pragmatic. The situation is for sure unacceptable from your perspective, but it’s a Jaguar warranty problem and not the dealer’s and accept they have no desire or interest to buy back the car. Why would they?
My belief is knowing you are coming in will get you a lot further than just landing and demanding.
I disagree. For reasons others have mentioned since. I’m not suggesting go in guns blazing and shouting, just drop in unannounced and see if the engine is out if the car. Ultimately, it’s not warranty issue whether the engine is out of the car or not.. it’s a dealership issue not sticking to their promises of getting the engine out when they committed to, and starting to root cause the problem.
Don’t disagree with the buy back however..
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

We all have different ways of doing our business
Let me be clearer why I say what I do.
First no doubt the situation is terrible and needs fixing. Either the work done or Op told it won’t be and why. That then leads to different things

For now the visit:

You land at the desk Monday morning. Unexpected. They have no one to meet or update you and 30 cars dropping in for services, PDI, sale, etc. Nicola is not in. The MD is busy and service manager tells you he’ll call you later after speaking to JLR. Car in car park or on ramp and you leave. But if anger if you prefer..

Alternative. You call and speak to Nicola, book to see them in the afternoon, confirm who will join and get a proper update from them with input from JLR. More likely to get clear exchange of what’s happening between JLR and dealer. Next steps and timeline agreed. Sort out your courtesy car if not happy and hopefully a better situation..

As an aside IMHO JLR have not cleared the work to be done. Either not sure they know the problem, not warrantied for some reason or anything similar that is delaying the go ahead. Dealer simply cannot start or it’s on their risk, time, costs and they end up with an engine out car with a blocked bay causing chaos for days or it’s towed outside and left. Not good for dealer.

Beauty of forums is that OP decides what to do from differing advice. Dealer is also reading this for sure

As I said just the way I conduct business and for sure with in this case some clear frustration expressed.
Either way good luck and I’m sure this thread will contain details.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I'm in agreement here.
My car has been off the road for a long time too.
Thankfully the poor weather here and 10 days in hot and sunny Malta has helped temper the disappointment!
I decided not to post on here as I do things my own way and didn't think outside opinions would be beneficial to the outcome.
In my experience escalating quickly to people outside those who have the ability to action things is only a loop and it's better to keep dialogue with just one or two key people.
I've been clear in expectations but also understanding that the dealer is sometimes caught between JLR and the customer.
I'll be picking the car up on Tuesday - having first inspected it on a ramp and then a careful inspection all round, followed by a detailed reading of the paperwork.
Once the situation is closed out I may post my experiences for others to be aware of.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post