Ftype R 2015 won't start, new battery

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
jaguarftyper

Post by jaguarftyper »

Wow!! My car did the exact same thing on my way to the shop. Drove back home parked it. Started the next day, but did not want to drive it until my mate came to have a look. Since then sounds exactly the same as yours jimmysydney. Would love to know what the issue was please.πŸ˜”

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

jaguarftyper wrote: ↑Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:14 am Wow!! My car did the exact same thing on my way to the shop. Drove back home parked it. Started the next day, but did not want to drive it until my mate came to have a look. Since then sounds exactly the same as yours jimmysydney. Would love to know what the issue was please.πŸ˜”
The person who started this thread hasn't been online in over 2 years so you are unlikely to get a reply as per the previous two posters who also didn't get a reply at the time.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi Phil, Mods and Admins.
There have been quite a few old topics that have been reposted on. I think that is partly down to the new "you may also be interested in" section that is now below the topic you are reading. That section just seems to find other topics with the same title so for this topic displays anything with 2015 or Ftype or R which then finds loads of old posts. Might be better if it did that but then filtered to only show last 3 months to keep people on track and looking at the latest info.

Back to the topic.
As the OP never replied hopefully the more recent casualty can provide a diagnosis and information to all.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

In my opinion, I think the recent addition of the "You may also be interested in" section should keep including relevant topics (no matter how old they are) as this is very helpful.

However, I think the system needs to be updated (if possible) so that it better relates to the topic you are reading. This "Ftype R 2015 won't start, new battery" topic being a prime example.

The issue was also noticed here viewtopic.php?p=58399#p58399
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
jimmysydney

Post by jimmysydney »

needed new engine.

engine harness was issue, causing misfiring and no oil to 2 cylinders. Sorry for late reply guys
jimmysydney

Post by jimmysydney »

PhilB wrote: ↑Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 am
jaguarftyper wrote: ↑Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:14 am Wow!! My car did the exact same thing on my way to the shop. Drove back home parked it. Started the next day, but did not want to drive it until my mate came to have a look. Since then sounds exactly the same as yours jimmysydney. Would love to know what the issue was please.πŸ˜”
The person who started this thread hasn't been online in over 2 years so you are unlikely to get a reply as per the previous two posters who also didn't get a reply at the time.
Thank you for inspiring me
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

jimmysydney wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:18 am
PhilB wrote: ↑Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 am
Thank you for inspiring me
Not a question of inspiring you just stating the truth for those asking questions on your thread.
Others have asked questions but you didn't reply.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post