Automatic operation of side view mirrors

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

There are a couple of things I liked on my XKR that aren't available on my F-Type, one is the auto-dip on reverse passenger mirror - in the XKR once it had dipped you could adjust it to suit your preference and it'd remember that setting. That was available on early F-Types, but was removed just before my MY, and dips much too low for my taste so is basically useless to me.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

scm wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:22 pm There are a couple of things I liked on my XKR that aren't available on my F-Type, one is the auto-dip on reverse passenger mirror - in the XKR once it had dipped you could adjust it to suit your preference and it'd remember that setting. That was available on early F-Types, but was removed just before my MY, and dips much too low for my taste so is basically useless to me.

I wonder why they removed that feature?! Since mine is an older MY then yours I can still edit the auto-dip position but it would be handy if you could disable it with a quick button press ( I could do this in my previous cars) as I don't need it to dip every time as it depends where I park. It seems to be all or nothing which isn't very useful really so like yourself I have turned this feature off and just manually adjust the mirror if I have to.
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031
scm

Post by scm »

Casperrito wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:43 pm... mine is an older MY then yours I can still edit the auto-dip position ...
I refuse to be envious. :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Casperrito

Post by Casperrito »

scm wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:46 pm
Casperrito wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:43 pm... mine is an older MY then yours I can still edit the auto-dip position ...
I refuse to be envious. :lol:

Hahahahah :lol:
Loaded MY16 F-Type R AWD Coupe 8-)

viewtopic.php?p=58031#p58031

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post