Automatic operation of side view mirrors

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
suzyseminole

Post by suzyseminole »

I had my 2015 F-Type coupe washed yesterday and the prep worker manually depressed both side view mirrors inward and then manually pulled them back out again instead of using the two buttons for this purpose. When I later got out of my car, the mirrors did not automatically depress as they had done before. I did make sure the buttons would still operate this function, but would rather have this be an automatic function. I did not see anything in the manual, nor in any of the in-car vehicle settings menus that spoke to re-setting this as an automatic operation. Since there is no dealership where I live (Tallahassee, FL) I called two dealerships nearby and was told by both that I would have to bring the car in to diagnose the issue (of course!). Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something that can be diagnosed and re-set by the proper code, or would it require disassembling the mechanism?

Suzyseminole

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Sure someone will be along to help on this one. Got to be an easy fix.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
PDE

Post by PDE »

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/documen ... c/G1893106

An amount of knock protection is designed into the door mirrors. If a mirror is accidentally knocked inwards or manually folded inwards, the door mirror head disengages from the folding mechanism. To re-engage the mechanism, fold, then unfold the mirror using the button.

If either door mirror is accidentally knocked out of position, so only one is folded, press both buttons simultaneously to resynchronise.
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
suzyseminole

Post by suzyseminole »

I did fold and unfold the mirrors several times with the manual buttons, but the automatic function is still not operating.
suzyseminole

Post by suzyseminole »

I found this on the site in PDE's reply: If the mirrors were folded using the switches, they will not unfold when the vehicle is unlocked. No mention is made as to how to re-engage the automatic fold and unfold.
PDE

Post by PDE »

How did you get on with getting to the bottom of the problem with your mirrors ?
F-Type P300 R-DYNAMIC, Fuji White, 5060 20" Alloys.
Gone, but not forgotten -
Audi S3 8v Saloon
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 350Z
Honda S2000
etc..
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Saw this in the manual:

Depending on vehicle specification, the mirrors can be configured to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked and unfold when unlocked. The automatic folding and unfolding feature can be enabled or disabled by a retailer/authorised repairer.
g0jjw

Post by g0jjw »

Folks Just arrived...my 2019 svr ftype...where can I choose if door mirrors fold or not on exiting the car
Cheers jj
scm

Post by scm »

At the dealer, unfortunately - it's not a user switchable option. BTW, they don't fold on exit, but when you lock it.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
g0jjw

Post by g0jjw »

Some.. thanks for your correction indeed not on exiting but on locking.

Not happy it's hidden to all but the workshop wizard's

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post