Possible problem with P300

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

Coming home from work tonight, car in dynamic mode, auto, my car apeared to go into sport mode and I had to change gear using the paddles. The gear selector was definitely not in sport mode and I hadn't changed anything. Any ideas please ?
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
British Racing Green Metallic
Pano Roof
20" Wheels Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish.
Lots of extras.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

That does sound odd.
When you say Sport mode did the gear number come up on the dash, or was it just not changing up?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Forget it unless the same happens again. There are so many electronics that like a pc unless it repeats it didn’t exist
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

It was not changing up and I had to use the paddles and the gear number came up on the dash. At first I thought maybe I had inadvertantly pushed the gear selector over, but that was not the case.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
Pano Roof
Lots of extras.
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

Good point. I might nip out now and see what happens.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
Pano Roof
Lots of extras.
scm

Post by scm »

You didn't inadvertently touch a paddle while steering? If so, just hold the right paddle until it flips into auto mode again. ;)
Sport mode (gear stick to the left) doesn't select manual (paddle) mode, using the paddles does.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:25 pm You didn't inadvertently touch a paddle while steering? If so, just hold the right paddle until it flips into auto mode again. ;)
Sport mode (gear stick to the left) doesn't select manual (paddle) mode, using the paddles does.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep good point.
Might also be worth checking the menu as it appears the paddles are operational in Dynamic and Sport modes at present, but you can turn off operation in D mode if you prefer.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

It seems OK now. Thank you to everyone for suggestions. I am wondering if I somehow touched the paddle and as suggested I will check the settings.
P300 R Dynamic - 2021
Pano Roof
Lots of extras.
scm

Post by scm »

It's easily done - by coincidence, I did it two days ago while negotiating a tight turn. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post