Interesting tyre test result

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm Conclusion A premium tyre is worth the money over a budget tyre if you value steering and braking, which probably equates to living if fitted to an F Type Very happy to be on Mp4S
Cost is not the issue ; pricing about equal..
You’re missing my point. The top 3 or 4 are all arguably all great tyres with slight benefits in different areas and come it at around the £200 mark. Buyers can select any with confidence.

The Accelera is a budget tyre at around £60 and performs accordingly.
I’m not referring to what you may buy, rather buyers get what they pay for.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Maybe its not clear, but I wanted to go for the Ultra Vortice, then I came about the test, discovered Michelin would be a better option.
Then I came about the second test, confusing the results and taking P-Zero's back in the equation...

The cheap tyres were never considered [ and are adviced against anyhow in the conclusion of the tests..].

But maybe its good you stressed it anyway, thanks for that. :P

Some people read diagonally and miss the point, and could end up buying suicide rubber :roll:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 pm Maybe its not clear, but I wanted to go for the Ultra Vortice, then I came about the test, discovered Michelin would be a better option.
Then I came about the second test, confusing the results and taking P-Zero's back in the equation...

The cheap tyres were never considered [ and are adviced against anyhow in the conclusion of the tests..].

But maybe its good you stressed it anyway, thanks for that. :P

Some people read diagonally and miss the point, and could end up buying suicide rubber :roll:
Yes - agreed that cheap rubber is suicide.
Doubt forum readers would buy such, but I see too many second hand performance cars with £50 tyres fitted. Test results show it..
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 pm suicide rubber
The brand name for these is Ditchfinders! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:00 pm The brand name for these is Ditchfinders! ;)
Well, knowing British humor I must be glad you didn't name it " Dutch tyres " ... ... not suggesting a new word though.. :oops:
Arne

Post by Arne »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:14 pm Strange enough, this recent test from a German car magazine gives a complete other result...

The P-Zero's are also in this test, not in the first..

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/20 ... e-Test.htm
I just realized that the P-Zero in this test is the new PZ4 tyre. I think that is a brand new version that is different from the P-Zero that we all are used to on the F-type. Probabely a better tyre, and maybe a good contender to the Pilot Sport 4S.
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Arne wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:01 am I just realized that the P-Zero in this test is the new PZ4 tyre. .. ..Probabely a better tyre, and maybe a good contender to the Pilot Sport 4S.
Actually, after teething problems the first 3000km , I didn't really have any bad experiences with these P-Zero's . Fot the moment I consider replacing
only the rear tyres [ 3.5-4mm ] since all profile on the surface near the edges has been wiped off [ alpine cornering.. :mrgreen: ].

My toughts are for the Michelin, but still the Vortice stick in the back of my mind, though the design now is 7 years old..
stvnwyns

Post by stvnwyns »

MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

So here I am just decided on everyone's favourite the Mich's, and now I am totally confuzzled..Originals or different brand..I mean Jaguar use them, but that might be a price thing...HELP!?
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
scm

Post by scm »

Manufacturers use the tyres that meet the spec at the best deal they can get. I'm going to Michelin PS4S when mine need replacing. But it's your choice, so long as the ratings are met or exceeded, your manual should give details.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post