Puddle Lights Remain On

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DARTHO68

Post by DARTHO68 »

Hi all
I have suffered with a depleting battery for about 18 months and have had checks carried out by Jaguar under the warrantee. Everything relating to the battery and the charging circuit was given the all clear. However, the battery let me down again this week and I have found out that the passenger door puddle light comes back on after the car has been locked. Unfortunately I found this out after my warranty finished. Has anyone else suffered or experienced this problem and had success in resolving it?..........cheaply!

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I think the 1st thing to look at or change would be the door switch.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

If the car thinks a door is open, wouldn't you get a message on the centre display to that effect?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Indeed.

Is it the original one or an ebay replacement?

I would carefully lever the unit out and check it for any loose wires - they are usually earth switched so it could be that. Also worth replacing the bulb to see, as a cheap fix - or swap the units / bulbs side to side to establish if it is a unit, bulb, or wiring issue like a wire trapped in the door hinge area.

...although you do say it comes back on - implying that it goes off at first when you shut the door.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Do you know that the fridge light goes off when you close the door, or do you just have faith that it does?

If you open and close one car door, you can see the opposite door's puddle light shining on the sill, when you look through the window.

When you lock the doors, the puddles dim and go out over a few seconds.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post