Sport mode v Dynamic?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Weeble69

Post by Weeble69 »

I’ve been playing with Sport mode and Dynamic mode....
In Sport the Rev hold and gear change seems very aggressive. How does this differ from Dynamic?

scm

Post by scm »

Dynamic changes the steering, suspension, gear shift and engine settings (which you can sort of tailor through the Dynamics screen - just setting them on or off, really). Select Dynamic and Sport for maximum fun!

BTW. in Sport you can manually shift with the gear stick as well as with the paddles (bet you didn't know that!). ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

How do you select sport ? I thought it was normal and dynamic and rain only
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Just knock the gear selector away from you and off you go.

Tip, I always select a gear with the + paddle first - then it doesn’t decide to select a low gear and rev more than you want.
...unless of course you want to immediately drop a gear and disappear :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:27 am Dynamic changes the steering, suspension, gear shift and engine settings (which you can sort of tailor through the Dynamics screen - just setting them on or off, really). Select Dynamic and Sport for maximum fun!

BTW. in Sport you can manually shift with the gear stick as well as with the paddles (bet you didn't know that!). ;)
Excellent tip about the gear shift on the stick. Here's me messing with the paddles which keep moving!
2019 White P300 Coupe
scm

Post by scm »

johnsoncp wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:45 am
scm wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:27 am BTW. in Sport you can manually shift with the gear stick as well as with the paddles (bet you didn't know that!). ;)
Excellent tip about the gear shift on the stick. Here's me messing with the paddles which keep moving!
You just have to forget that stuff about "feeding the wheel" we were taught way back when! ;)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, F1 style is the way to go 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

OMG - i did not know i even had a sports mode... going out to test the new Dynamic Sports Mode -

Kid with a new toy
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

MarkM wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:59 am OMG - i did not know i even had a sports mode... going out to test the new Dynamic Sports Mode -

Kid with a new toy
Just be aware that if you are in dynamic mode AND gear stick knocked to the left IE Sport mode AND using paddles the car will NOT change up at the rev limiter!!

The gear indicator displaying gear will turn white warning you as you approach near to max revs and will flash as well if you got the limiter or beyond.

Don't forget to change gear!! :o
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

It will automatically downshift for you, though, if the speed drops too low for the current gear.
And in Sport you can use the gear shift instead of the paddles. ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post