Noise from passenger side rear

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Not quite sure if that’s a thumbs down or a thumbs up for Hatfield’s!
Hopefully a happy end to the saga
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!

01286p

Post by 01286p »

So far Hatfields of Shrewsbury have only agreed immediately to replace anything once and that was when the parcel shelf holder peg just broke off.
I have an issue with the leather on the driver's seat squab appearing to have surface cracks and was also concerned about surface corrosion of the
subframe - on both those items they politely said that they were not bad enough for Jaguar to consider replacing.
The Differential was initially only "noted" but perseverance moved this on to possibly faulty.

I suspect that JLR have pushed back on Dealers to resist any but the most pressing/obvious Warranty problems.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Good result for the new differential.
Since mine was replaced I only take the car to an MoT station that will do the on road brake test rather than the roller brake test which must stress the LSD.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Hatfields of Shrewsbury checked everything to do with the rear end and drive train and could find nothing visually.
They then drained the diff and found that it was short of oil, some 600 cc rather than the 800 plus,
The drained oil was analysed for metals and nothing found.
The diff was filled to the correct level and the noise has disappeared.

I checked with the Service Manager and was informed that the diff is now considered to be a "sealed for life" item and therefore the oil levels are NOT checked when being serviced.

Nonetheless, should a problem occur with the diff within the next two years, as the car will shortly be out of warranty, JLR would probably
replace it foc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post