Solved: Speed Sensor fault (Adaptive dynamics fault/ ABS Fault/ stability control etc)

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
AL1

Post by AL1 »

Just thought I’d put this here to help anyone else searching with the same problem in the future.

Was driving a few weeks ago when suddenly the dash lit up with warning lights

Stability Control no available, drive with care.
Emergency Brake assist not available.
Adaptive dynamics fault.
ABS fault.

Car still drove in normal mode, but couldn’t use dynamic mode, or cruise control. Annoyingly was 200miles from home.

Was found to be a faulty wheel speed sensor on the right wheel. £492 to replace.
Annoying as the car is only a few months out of warranty and only 12,000 miles!

Anyway, if someone else Google’s the same symptoms, hopefully this will help them. When I was searching it seemed like another potential cause could be low battery.

scm

Post by scm »

AL1 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pmWhen I was searching it seemed like another potential cause could be low battery.
Low battery can be the cause of many bizarre warnings on these cars. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

An extra years Jaguar warranty cost me £769.00 so you’re still £277.00 the right side of it, although it also came with an extra year of Jaguar Assist, but yes I also agree the battery is a good place to start looking when the electrics start malfunctioning, I hope it settles down now.

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

same thing has been happening to me over the last 3 outings. happens about a minute or so after driving away, stop switch off restart its gone away then comes back. couple of times it didn't come back until the next time i drove it. im hoping its a battery issue as a few months ago i couldn't select reverse which apparently also is a battery issue...... i have a ctek charger on its way maybe that might sort it with a bit of luck.

has anyone had this happen and was traced to a low battery fault? fault messages were..... abs fault dynamic fault, emergency brake assist fault..... couldn't go into dynamic mode or ice just stayed in normal but drove perfectly!
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
ajac

Post by ajac »

Multiple faults are clearly very often voltage related rather than pure failures.

My Range had adaptive dynamics fault once - common issue. Small cables coming out of the sensor cap on the top of the front turrent fray. Not sure if the F Type has the same issue but worth checking if just a singe AD fault occurs.
2016 Salsa S
Range Rover TDV8
Range Rover Classic
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

well charged and run the recondition mode on the ctek and all came up ok as far as the charger was concerned however ran the car this morning and within a mile fault message reoccured and still couldnt select driving modes .does the fault message have to be reset or it keeps coming on or could it mean there is a further issue that needs sorting??? any ideas??
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hotlurve,

As per first post by AL1, your symptoms sound very similar. Possibly also faulty wheel sensor?
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
AL1

Post by AL1 »

When it happened to my car, once it failed, it didn’t ever start up again without the warning, and the warning never disappeared.

If yours does start up ok, or comes on after a while, that suggests to me maybe not a failed sensor?
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

starts fine and drives perfectly...doesn't come on until a couple of minutes after driving ... possibly after ive picked up a little speed say over 20 mph ish
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

trip down to my local garage, reset all the fault messages after battery recharge overnight....... drove for about 2 miles all fine then on the way home fault message came back so its booked in for friday il let you all know the outcome. he did say the fault was showing as intermittent on the right rear.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post