Fuel gauge stuck on 100%

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

mickjaguar wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:00 pm I can understand your current mindset, having experienced similar things in the past. I always wondered if BMW and Merc dealers were just generally better at handling problems rather than having better cars (I really don't think the cars are any better). In simple terms, for anything bought, if a problem is resolved quickly and without fuss, it has gone away and we remain satisfied, I had a shoddy experience with Peugeot aftersales, which left a bitter taste, and have never bought another.

Unfortunately it does seem to depend on the personnel at the dealership, The salesman at first Jag dealer we went to couldn't be bothered, even though we were potentially interested in buying both an F type and an XE, However, the next dealership was altogether different, excellent for both sales and service. Remarkably good in fact. An issue with my door alignment on delivery was fixed rapidly and later on some side window scratches sorted double quick. In fact, anything even slightly mentioned was pounced on in a flash. Very impressive.

Unfortunately now, the service side here after four years is not what it was and is mediocre at best, so I'll be looking for somewhere else now. It appears that the deterioration coincided with a change in the management team at this particular dealership. To me, it feels like a 'time is money' philosophy i.e. they now want to spend the absolute minimum time, just as long as they get your money! Which is very short sighted as they've lost now two cars for servicing as well as two potential future sales.

However, as mentioned in another thread, people move around so there's likely to be a good dealer principal and service team somewhere else.
Thanks for the comments. The downfall of my local dealer was when the luxury brand only dealership was bought by a dealership that sells every make and model. They are still an official Jaguar dealer but their mentality now is the same as those selling cheap and everyday cars.
2019 White P300 Coupe

johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

steviegtr wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:32 pm There is a thread on here somewhere of a car with the window issue. Turned out the guy's passenger was closing the door by pushing on the glass instead of the door. The glass had to be re-adjusted. Just out of interest when you filled with fuel you did not keep on clicking the nozzle to get more in the tank did you. As the tank has an air gap. When it clicks off you stop. The Evoque had a similar issue & it was me that kept trying to get more fuel in the tank. Once I was told not to do that the problem never returned. Just a thought. The faults you have would not put me off the car though, they are pretty trivial. Not like a major mechanical fault.
I have been known to keep clicking again but the F-Type filler often cuts off well short of full. Having said that I don't think I did this on the last fill. I certainly filled to full and I think the problem might be partially due to the fact I filled it on a cool morning and then parked in bright sunshine all day which caused the fuel to expand. I then drove 17 miles and left the car parked for at least a week. Having said all this there is no excuse for it jamming. I have never had this issue with any other car and having googled the problem it does seem a known fault. One that Jaguar should have rectified. The car is brand new so any updates should be on my car. It is also interesting that your Land Rover has had the same issue. I assume they use the same sender. This further proves there is a design fault. Did you have to visit a dealer to get it freed off or did it free itself?
2019 White P300 Coupe
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

No it freed itself once the fuel was low. Hope you get it all sorted out.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

The good news is that the sender has freed itself. A few faster than usual corners and speed bumps have sorted it out. Thanks everyone for their advice and patience. I don't have to make the dreaded trip to the dealer just yet.

IMG_0970.jpg

2019 White P300 Coupe
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Great stuff.
gf15

Post by gf15 »

Mmmmmm, just feel like I have to add my BMW YORK experience. I went in on a Saturday afternoon to buy 10 litres of screen wash. If you mix BMW screen wash with other brands it turns to jelly and blows the caps off the headlight washers.
I could pay by cash (I had the exact £42) or card.
The customer services guy informed me their parts department was closed on Saturday afternoons. Wound up, I asked for someone with their "customer service that on", when the senior guy arrived, he said; computer says no.
The +30k I had to replace my car, walked out the door, due to not wanting to deal with those idiots.
On a positive note, picking up my v6s coupes tomorrow...........Wifey says I am like a child at Christmas, not sure why, but one more sleep to go....:-)
gf15 with 2015 v6s coupe. :mrgreen:
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

?????????????????????????????????????????????

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post