Venting

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Steveo

Post by Steveo »

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and the F Type. Have been a Jag owner of the S Type ( twice).

Just wondering if anybody can help and I would be very grateful. I've only had the car a couple of days, so getting used to it.
The AC switch is lit orange but I can't seem to turn it off no matter what I do. Added to this I was fiddling around trying to get the centre air vent to pop up - and it did but not fully, about three quarters.

Clearly I'm a bit lost. Thank you for any help.
Steve.

Fez

Post by Fez »

Welcome Steve, set the central vent to auto in the one of the menu pages. It only pops up when fresh cold air is required. There are reports of early cars vents getting stuck up think that maybe be pop back to dealer. As for why it won't turn someone else might be able to advise. In general a great car enjoy the drive. Phil
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Rogere

Post by Rogere »

Hi
The central air vent spends a lot of time closed in this chilly weather.
I thought mine had broken, so turned the air on temp down from 23 to 16 and lo and behold....air vent opens.
Have to admit I put the temp back to 23 pretty quickly. Delighted to say, the vent closed

Enjoy!
2016 F Type SVR. Firesand. A riot of black and orange!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome Steve.

If you can't just switch the air con off with the toggle switch then I would say there is an issue.

Whilst being sorted get them to check the vent.

It should rise just until the bottom of the open vent area is level with the dash, you don't really see much frame at the bottom when open.

Strange that it would stick in this weather - it usually happens when it gets very warm.

Mine has done so a couple of times but not enough for me to get it sorted as a separate visit - I'll have it done at the next service.

Other than that - enjoy your driving and hope the smile muscles aren't aching too much! :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust