Used 2015 f type coupe v6s

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Hi. Am looking at a 4 yr old v6 s coupe this weekend. Have done some research on potential issues on here and have found window scratches,centre vent, rusting cross braces and panel alignment. Beyond this are there any other major items to look out for beyond the normal things to check when buying a used car?

Any advice appreciated so i can check out and hopefully join the club 😇

Thanks in advance
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Wouldn’t take much notice of rusting cross braces - much newer cars than that will have corrosion and I’ve not heard of a case where’s it’s anything more than surface only

Some cars had sticking door handles as in not popping out. If going for one with an active exhaust (great option!) then listen out for any squeaks / scraping sounds when the valves open - that’s a sign of a new back box for some or some DIY on the valves - quite a few cases on the forum

In general a great car and nothing absolutely major. As long as service history checks out then good luck and enjoy!
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Thats appreciated thank you. Will certainly be checking the service history so roll on the viewing!!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

History checks available if that helps.

Ref - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3805&start=30#p37264

Happy hunting!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

simpleR wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:15 pm History checks available if that helps.

Ref - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3805&start=30#p37264

Happy hunting!
Thanks will certainly be in touch but at moment dont have the reg number. Will get when viewing on sat
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If it's an online advert then if you post the link I can have a look anyway. I can find reg numbers from adverts and pictures even if it isn't known or listed. If not then happy viewing.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Listen for squeaky exhaust. Probably issues with the active exhaust valves and need a new back box. Factor in £1600 plus fitting

Happy hunting and don’t rush. Get the right spec based on condition and extras you want. Active exhaust, memory seats, whatever it is you want
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

simpleR wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:46 pm If it's an online advert then if you post the link I can have a look anyway. I can find reg numbers from adverts and pictures even if it isn't known or listed. If not then happy viewing.
Thanks dropped u a pm
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Thanks to all for the advice both on here and via pm. Test drove a manual no rear camera and decided auto with camera is way to go. Oh and a panoramic roof 👍🏻
scm

Post by scm »

Good decision - you won't have to worry about the clutch failing, the ZF auto box is fairly bombproof.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post