vibrating/buzzing from centre vent

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ml276

Post by ml276 »

hello, couldnt see any previous threads on this

have had the car for a few months and never actually driven with the centre vent deployed, until a few days ago

during this journey started to hear a horrible buzzing / vibrating noise coming from the centre vent area whilst the AC was on. dissapeared as soon as the AC was switched off and the vent closed

cant remember the exact speed it started at, but certainly seemed to get worse with increasing speed/revs

wasn't captured very well on the dash cam, but the noise is certainly reproducible

has anyone experienced this or got any ideas as to what the problem could be? :?
MY16 V6S Coupe Corris Grey

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@ml276.
Had the same issue for 10 months. Turns out to be two fuel lines vibrating. Left hand side of vehicle, just in front of exhaust muffler..

-- just noticed you have a MY16 V6, could be another reason --- :(

Took my dealer several days, left the car 3 times for weeks with them... .. you must be happy with my post.. :lol:

They fitted the two pieces of black rubber hose to prevent contact with the body.

leidingen.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
ml276

Post by ml276 »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:03 pm @ml276.
Had the same issue for 10 months. Turns out to be two fuel lines vibrating. Left hand side of vehicle, just in front of exhaust muffler..

-- just noticed you have a MY16 V6, could be another reason --- :(

Took my dealer several days, left the car 3 times for weeks with them... .. you must be happy with my post.. :lol:

They fitted the two pieces of black rubber hose to prevent contact with the body.

leidingen.jpg
excellent :shock:

i am currently in arguement with dealers over vertical scratches in drivers/passenger windows. so i'll bring this up when it finally goes into them and show them your post (hopefully reducing the number of weeks it is with them :roll: )

thanks for the input :)
ml276

Post by ml276 »

is the centre vent meant to rise up everytime you start the car, regardless of whether you have climate/ac on ??
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

ml276 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 pm is the centre vent meant to rise up everytime you start the car, regardless of whether you have climate/ac on ??
You can choose to have the centre vent "always open" or set it to "auto" in the menu (in centre screen---general settings > climate > centre vent then choose auto or always open). If you choose "always open" it will rise when you start car and stay up until you switch off engine. If you choose auto (in the menu), it will come up automatically (when heating system is turned on by pressing auto switch on dash) when necessary, and blow cold air (only) to cool cabin down to maintain the cabin temp you have set. Even if you have selected "auto" rise, in the climate menu, you can also raise the centre vent by selecting the heating/ventilation on the centre screen (from home screen) and then selecting upper cabin air flow. This will then raise the centre vent and blow hot or cold air depending on the temp you have set. I find with centre vent blowing hot air is the best setting for heating the cabin up quickly on cold days.
Last edited by ninetails on Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
ml276

Post by ml276 »

ninetails wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:15 pm
ml276 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:05 pm is the centre vent meant to rise up everytime you start the car, regardless of whether you have climate/ac on ??
You can choose to have the centre vent "up all the time" or set it to "auto rise" in the menu (accessed through steering wheel buttons). If you choose up all the time it will rise when you start car and stay up until you switch off engine. If you choose auto (in the menu), it will come up automatically (when heating system is turned on by pressing auto switch on dash) when necessary, and blow cold air (only) to cool cabin down to maintain the cabin temp you have set. Even if you have selected auto rise, in the steering wheel menu, you can also raise the centre vent by selecting the heating/ventilation on the centre screen and then selecting upper cabin air flow. This will then blow hot or cold air depending on the temp you have set. I find with centre vent blowing hot air is the best setting for heating the cabin up quickly on cold days.
Thanks for that useful info!

Will take a look at the settings next time :)
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

You can choose to have the centre vent "always open" or set it to "auto" in the menu (in centre screen---general settings > climate > centre vent then choose auto or always open). If you choose "always open" it will rise when you start car and stay up until you switch off engine. If you choose auto (in the menu), it will come up automatically (when heating system is turned on by pressing auto switch on dash) when necessary, and blow cold air (only) to cool cabin down to maintain the cabin temp you have set. Even if you have selected "auto" rise, in the climate menu, you can also raise the centre vent by selecting the heating/ventilation on the centre screen (from home screen) and then selecting upper cabin air flow. This will then raise the centre vent and blow hot or cold air depending on the temp you have set. I find with centre vent blowing hot air is the best setting for heating the cabin up quickly on cold days.
I have corrected my original post, but the incorrect info is still showing in the Quoted post (ml276) so I thought I had better re-post to high light the correct info.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
ml276

Post by ml276 »

ninetails wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:53 pm
I have corrected my original post, but the incorrect info is still showing in the Quoted post (ml276) so I thought I had better re-post to high light the correct info.
Cheers ninetails, i can see it 😄👍🏽

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post