Carbon ceramics: Brembo part number for calipers

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

My post just disappeared too. Was saying it's a shame the Brembo calipers are not the same so you could swap over to steel disc & suitable race pads just for the track days & then swap back over.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

Nick

Post by Nick »

Interest comment from over the pond

General Motors uses Brembo rotors on the Corvette and Camaro. If you reasearch you will see that they are very close to the Jaguar rotors. Below are 396mm X 36mm vs 398mm X 38mm for the jag. These variances as I see it have no effect on the figment. Issue for you is that you need the Jaguar Hats to swap just the disk over. $1,200 US. This will be the direction I go if I need to do any replacement.

2015-19 Chevy Corvette Z06 Front Carbon Ceramic Rotor 177-1175 20981825
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Just a point to make. If you are thinking of a complete change to steel, there has been a few on here wanting to change over to carbon ceramics.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Nick

Post by Nick »

To go from Steel to CC it’s a heck of a job.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... it-154240/

To go from CC to steel it Should Only consist of changing rotors and pads ShOULD.... :lol:

Main advantage is you could change back to CC.

Anyway here is some more info on the CC pads on the F Type

3B0EBC1F-3757-4D8A-967F-0AA49DC5449D.png

Last edited by Nick on Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
tjs

Post by tjs »

Nick wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:49 pm To go from Steel to CC it’s a heck of a job.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... it-154240/

To go from CC to steel it Should Only consist of changing rotors and pads SOULD.... :lol:

Main advantage is you could change back to CC.

Anyway here is some more info on the CC pads on the F Type

3B0EBC1F-3757-4D8A-967F-0AA49DC5449D.png

Thanks- rather than continue to try and fail to find the correct fitment I've emailed the UK Pagid distributor with those dimensions to see if they stock the RSC pad in that size. I'll post back with what they say, but not really expecting a reply over Christmas. :)
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have also contacted a CC disc maker today, will see, hope a reply after Christmas.
tjs

Post by tjs »

Also, not sure if this is worth a new thread, but when I've got the brakes hot it set an alarm off in the car and warned me the brakes were too hot.

Any ideas what the sensor is measuring (is it an air temp sensor near the discs/pads, is it brake fluid temp, something else?). I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a reading of the sensor value somehow, via OBDII or similar. Would be useful to see the value on track, to get an idea of when to cool off before it gets critical, and also would be useful to get an idea of actual values before and after any cooling upgrades.
Nick

Post by Nick »

I got a reply from a company which make CC discs in Chesterfield, they quoted £3800 for a pair so some considerable saving from OEM.

That was just the first I contacted.
tjs

Post by tjs »

That sounds interesting, and a lot better than the £8k for the OEM Brembo ones (I did find them for roughly £5k in the US, but you've got delivery, VAT/import fees on top so will probably end up being fairly close).

The ones you've found for closer to £3k, it would be interesting to know if they're CCM (carbon ceramic matrix) discs like the OEM Brembos, or if they're the type of carbon ceramics you get on Porsches etc., and even if that matters! (I know there is a difference, and CCM is considered better, but that's about all I understand).
V8FTW

Post by V8FTW »

I could get you a set of Oem pads for £700, pm me if interested

Also, I think the corvette pads fit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
F-TYPE R, Carbon Ceramics + Forged Wheels, ALL the Carbon Fibre - Mirrors, Side Power Vents, Bonnet Vents, Front Splitter & Interior Console

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post