Carbon ceramics: Brembo part number for calipers

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Nick

Post by Nick »

V8FTW wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:08 pm I could get you a set of Oem pads for £700, pm me if interested

Also, I think the corvette pads fit

Yea read that somewhere also, just wanted my hands on some open ones to double check.

Do they come direct from JLR?

Am always careful now, I once got a set of “New” pads from a seller from ebay, when I checked they had been on a car and overheated by the looks, all cracked, seller took them back.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

tjs

Post by tjs »

Just a quick update.

I heard back from the UK Pagid distributor, and they've said that the pad shape 8091 (front) and 8270 (rear) will fit in pad compound RSC1, 2, and 3. RSC1 is suitable for all carbon ceramic applications, whereas 2 and 3 are a more abrasive pad, but which one you use depends on the construction of the disc.

I've since talked to one of their retail distributors (performancebraking.com) who have quoted:
8091 RSC1 £544.99 +vat
8270 RSC1 £349.47 +vat
I don't need rears right now, but I'm going to get a set of fronts ordered and see if they fit. It's a big saving over the OEM Brembos.

What I'll likely do is run these until nearly ready for replacement, and then swap to an all steel setup (likely to be OEM Super Performance on the rear, with a big brake setup on the front from Alcon or similar).
Nick

Post by Nick »

Much better Price
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Nick

Post by Nick »

tjs did you get any and how did it go?

Just curious I found this site and the prices seem very low for CC pads.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jag ... e+pad,1684
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

A lot of the Mustang guys swear by RockAuto - you can incorporate all shipping costs to see the final price you pay and delivery is very quick.

The only issue tends to be if your basket contains parts shipped from 2 different warehouses.

Being a big online site they're not too hot on email enquiries - and do double check what you are ordering as returns can be hard work.

The linked item does look to be a bit suspect in terms of application.

Prices are really competitive though and I might be able to find you a discount code too.

EDIT:

5% Discount Code: 14A30B87BCD9AD
Expires: January 15, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tel

Post by Tel »

From the JLR - F-Type Track day prep booklet...for info as it might save you boys that can afford CC's a few quid...

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 18.32.59.png

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I guess that makes sense.
As CCM stop you quicker they must convert momentum into heat quicker, so with a higher temperature spike.
Somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind I’m sure I read the recommendation to change the brake fluid after a track day too - slightly less convenient.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Tel

Post by Tel »

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Nick

Post by Nick »

Certainly not tracking this car till I find replacement discs at less than £3300 each. Still working on that.

Heat is the killer of CC disc as they lose mass by the CC heating up so much, that’s why they must be weighed to see how worn they are. Don’t remember dealers saying they do that on a service, just do a thickness measurement.

Will post on the American forum and see how many have used these pads, thanks for the info Luner, better get some ducts ordered just in case :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post