V6S - any way to know if the car is fitted with Torque vectoring by braking and can be disabled?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
MrJag

Post by MrJag »

Hi,

I am into used V6S and I know that from MY2019 all cars should have Torque vectoring by braking as standard.
Do anybody please know, if prior cars never had this feature, or was it optional? Is any way how to know, and could it be deactivated by software or perhaps a fuse?

Thanks!

GARETH

Post by GARETH »

Why would you want to do that? Surely it’s a good thing to have.
2014 Jaguar F-Type 3.0 S Coupe in Salsa red
2021 Land Rover Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE
1968 Land Rover Series 2a 88”
1966 Land Rover Series 2a 109” ex army.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I don't quite understand your multiple posts.

You can check whether a car has Torque Vector By Braking by checking TopiX. If the car has it, it will list "REAR AXLE LTD SLIP DIFF W/TVBB" as a minor feature.

Mine has this and it's a MY18 for reference. No idea why or how you would disable it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
MrJag

Post by MrJag »

GARETH wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:05 am Why would you want to do that? Surely it’s a good thing to have.
Interfering @ track use. On track usually you want the least amount of electronic to interfere (except ABS). You would be suprised how EBC (which is basically Vector torqueing) can **** you up. If you are interested in this problematic you can google "ice mode crash" or go from there.
simpleR wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:35 am I don't quite understand your multiple posts.
multiple questions = multiple posts. Standard procedure on any reasonable forum in the whole planet Earth. Perhaps not here.
simpleR wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:35 am You can check whether a car has Torque Vector By Braking by checking TopiX. If the car has it, it will list "REAR AXLE LTD SLIP DIFF W/TVBB" as a minor feature.
Great, thank you for the info.
Last edited by PhilB on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing the "F" word
tjs

Post by tjs »

I'm not sure I can answer you question, but on track with traction control completely disabled, I think that also disabled torque vectoring by braking (at least I didn't notice it interfering, whereas I have noticed with it enabled).

I wouldn't like to say it's definitely disabled, but it did seem like it was... Told you this wasn't a helpful answer! :)
MrJag

Post by MrJag »

tjs wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:53 pm I'm not sure I can answer you question, but on track with traction control completely disabled, I think that also disabled torque vectoring by braking (at least I didn't notice it interfering, whereas I have noticed with it enabled).

I wouldn't like to say it's definitely disabled, but it did seem like it was... Told you this wasn't a helpful answer! :)
Thanks that is interesting. Sadly not many people tracking these cats!
Usually non-specialized cars are using generic units tuned to manufacturer requirements, but they are still a similar units (ex BOSCH etc.). When somebody disable the traction control, a lot of cars still operates in electronic brake distribution mode (eg Vectoring), some even still have TC (Mercedes). Than you think well great car is mine, and the car thinks omg here is on ice I will stop the wheel and in reality you are doing 100 MPH on the track curb... Horribe. My previous car had this "diagnostic mode" and by pressing a secret combo of buttons all assistants except ABS which is on a fuse was disabled. That is the best scenario to have.
SESH

Post by SESH »

I have a MY2016 V6 S and the topix says :-
REAR AXLE LTD SLIP DIFF W/TVBB

Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

MrJag wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:44 pm Interfering @ track use. On track usually you want the least amount of electronic to interfere (except ABS). You would be suprised how EBC (which is basically Vector torqueing) can **** you up. If you are interested in this problematic you can google "ice mode crash" or go from there.
I appreciate you are new and English may not be your first language but using the "F" word isn't acceptable on here.
Your post has been edited.
Tel

Post by Tel »

MrJag wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:45 pm Hi,

I am into used V6S and I know that from MY2019 all cars should have Torque vectoring by braking as standard.
Do anybody please know, if prior cars never had this feature, or was it optional? Is any way how to know, and could it be deactivated by software or perhaps a fuse?

Thanks!

All my sales brochures cover vehicles up to MY16 (series I and II), before they went all soft!

TVbB was a standard feature on ALL F-Type S's and F-Type R's

It was not an option, and cannot be deactivated.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
MrJag

Post by MrJag »

Tel wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:45 pm
MrJag wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:45 pm Hi,

Thanks!

All my sales brochures cover vehicles up to MY16 (series I and II), before they went all soft!

TVbB was a standard feature on ALL F-Type S's and F-Type R's

It was not an option, and cannot be deactivated.
https://jaguarcars.md/wp-content/upload ... ochure.pdf
https://dealerinspire-brochure.s3.amazonaws.com/821.pdf

In these brochures are (almost) clearly said that it is only R - default, and in one brochure they say it is "available" also for base and S... So i would say it was optional up to the time point.

EDIT:
https://dealerinspire-brochure.s3.amazonaws.com/821.pdf

page 82

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post