Sorry guys. You know who you are

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Your point is ?
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

What’s there to be sorry about?........sounds like a case of “little man syndrome” going on here :lol:
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'm not getting it either?

One thing's for sure...as the F-Type matures, the reviews seem to become poorer and very mis-informed.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

So the V8 is not better then. Even though as you say we must have smaller undercarriages.
scm

Post by scm »

"Better" is entirely subjective - what's better for one isn't necessarily better for another. And the video did say that the V6 is more nimble for the twisties, which we all knew anyway. We all have a choice.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I knew about the V6 being better in corners, on fuel & probably on Insurance. Still prefer what I have though. But my circumstances are I'm retired. Car is tucked snuggly in garage. I drive it in summer usually with top down. Have use of various other vehicles. Fuel cost etc not an issue. Maybe if it was my everyday then I may well think differently. Sorry to have offended some.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

On the face of it first thing it looked like a dig at those who don't have V8's.
That sort of thing has pretty much run it's course on here.
Funny to start with - yes and a bit of banter and ribbing is fine but like a lot of jokes it gets a bit jaded with age.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Personally, I'm getting a bit "irritated" with these Youtubers.

I've seen this video and following the ones of Jayemm. Firstly, these are not professional car reviewers, but guys that have had the privilege of driving a number of cars, now with a platform on which to make themselves heard.
I still have a great amount of respect for the likes of Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond, Rory Reid, Chris Harris (and any of the other Top Gear UK guys I forgot to mention). These guys have "earned their stripes" and place in the world of media. Reading Hammond's Autobiography gave me a new respect for his passion for cars.

A-lot goes into producing those shows - not just a camera and off we go.

Take Jay-Emm, comparing a SVR to a Ferrari Portofino (double the price) and Mclaren ! The SVR was never made to compete in that league. The CX-75 maybe, but it doesn't exist.

What annoyed me was that the Mclaren (given all the reliability problems) was even included, and that the reliability was never mentioned. I think a car's reliability (any car) is important.

And it's all about acceleration, handling at high speed. WTF ? We all buy these things for different reasons. I don't drive fast. What was important to me was the looks (F Type, DB 11), Sound (F Type, Ferrari) and it must be a V8 (As it's becoming fast extinct). OK, I'm not gonna spend Ferrari money, but given the potential financial issues surrounding Aston and reliability of Mclaren (I'll thus exclude them), if money was no object, my go-to brands will be Ferrari, Jaguar and the Honda NSX. It's rare that any of us ever get to exploit these cars for what they were made for anyway.

Oh and if these guys needed one supercar to rule the world, it will be the Honda NSX !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post