Jaguar apps compatibility

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

I suspect this has been raised before but I can’t find it. I am struggling to get the Jaguar app to display on the car screen. It appears for a few seconds and then disappears saying try again. My iPhone is plugged in via the USB. I would really like to have the facilities that the app offers but at the moment it is just driving me nuts. Help!
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.

Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

If you mean Jaguar Incontrol Apps, the only useful app on there for me was Spotify which used to work well and even displayed album covers etc in colour on the main screen, but JLR stopped supporting Spotify in September last year and since then I have seen no updates for Incontrol Apps so I think they’re now not supporting it anymore which is a shame, I guess they want us all to buy new models that now support Apple Car Play etc... :roll:
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

Thanks Jagman. Yes I do mean in control apps. It’s not Spotify I’m interested in but just my music library which does come up with album covers. Trouble is it only works for a short time. Weird!
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

If you’ve an mp3 library then the best way forward will probably be on a USB stick, a few of us on here have done that successfully but there can be some compatibility issues, if you do a search on here you’ll find the thread all about it not long ago,
But for me I’d have to buy and download thousands of them so I just use my Spotify account Bluetoothed in and a decent phone holder, job done...

Hope you get it sorted...
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

There is a free app to rip the MP3 songs from youtube. Songs or albums. It's called ( 4k youtube to mp3 ). Works very well. Chops all the ads & video out & just leaves the raw mp3 song.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Thanks Stevie, yes I know but I’m not a fan of ripping I’d rather contribute to the Artists...
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Good man.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

Jagman100 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:53 pm Thanks Stevie, yes I know but I’m not a fan of ripping I’d rather contribute to the Artists...
I buy the CDs and rip them. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

scm wrote:
I buy the CDs and rip them. ;)
Me too, although they are starting to take up a lot of room! :lol:
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Vroom, did you allow your phone to talk to the car? From memory (when it used to work with my IPhone) the procedure was
1. Launch In control App on phone first
2. Plug phone into car
3. Phone asks do you want to connect?
4. Tap yes on phone
But as JLR appears not to be supporting this anymore I think connectivity problems with it will only get worse over time...

Good luck with it....
Last edited by Jagman100 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post