Coolant loss

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Was driving my V6 when the Low Coolant light came on. Panic! Fortunately had some bottled water in the car and once it had cooled off I was able to fill up the header tank and get to a safe haven without further alarm. After parking up the Cat I checked an hour later and there was a large puddle of orange coolant under the car. Jaguar Assistance were really responsive - on site in 45m - and shortly afterwards the car was on a trailer to a main dealer. Now they told me that the problem was a leaking thermostat housing - whether a seal or a perforation wasn’t disclosed. Fixed under warranty, but I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem? While at the workshop with the under engine tray off they have also informed me that they noticed the air con system leaking and are replacing the pipe work and condenser - all under warranty. (For anyone wondering about the Jaguar extended warranty, just do it). Again, is this something anyone else has had a problem with? The car spent its first years in Scotland so may have seen more than its fair share of salty roads.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post