Meridian System Poor

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

What I'm after is someone who has taken the plunge and done away with everything. Used the double din sizes hole and perhaps put in a decent Kenwood/JVC etc swapped out the amplifier, cross over etc.
As for road noise..you dont GET LOUDER THAN MY PARTNERS CITROEN C1..HEY? WHAT!? it's the sound quality not volume..and I've listened to 3 in total F-Type systems and they ALL rattle..theres rattle 100% most hear it as vibrations and not aware they are hearing it.
I'm not here to argue I'm here to try and find a solution not compromise.

Diminished Expectations. My favourite saying when it comes to peoples opinions of things. We have been fed rubbish for so many years, and take it for the norm and are made to feel thankful for it...

I think if you heard a really decent sound system in a car, it'll blow your mind..but then be honest we are kinda living in the world that F-types are the greatest things since sliced bread..erm no sorry they certainly are not. Dreadful build quality, compromised interior for a engine that is fragile and a differential that could go at any minute, rusty bit underneath that we tolerate..but all I can see this will do is upset a few in denial.

It's the best car for fun I have ever owned, and thankfully the noise, which is basically the classic smoke and mirrors trick, makes us love the car more than we should. I'm not a Porsche person and can't afford anything more than the Jaguar in regards to specs etc, but as I plan on doing more than normal miles in my F-Type I want the sound system to be good, that's ALL!

PS Maybe the if you are worried about legal problems, perhaps take down the comment in your own post, as it's not in mine...
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.

basher

Post by basher »

To add to my previous post... I'm short so I have the seat a long way forward. That's gotta help the sound from the rear speakers?

I was worried that the audio quality in the F-Type would be a massive let down compared to the TT. It's really not for me.

@MM1963 I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

MM1963 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:38 pm PS Maybe the if you are worried about legal problems, perhaps take down the comment in your own post, as it's not in mine...
Yes I know, I edited it out of yours.
I very rarely have to step in on here but if I do I don't expect argumentative replies.
No more thank you.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

I have the surround system in mine and have to say its adequate at best, I found all the surround modes, DTS, DOLBY, and Meridians own all had horrible artefacts in the music, and found Stereo was the cleanest sound, but even that has it's strange moments.

I actually have the 380 system in my Evoque and have that sounding how I like it and enjoy that very much, but it is also very easy to get awful sound out of it messing with the settings.

Even so on a long drive to Bath and back Saturday I didnt turn on the stereo, it maybe the P300 but it was giving me plenty of smiles.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Have the L4 770W in our Series I F.

I can wind the volume up to flat out and there's no rattle, no distortion and it is unbearably LOUD!
Set the system up with electronic music (Techno/Trance etc) from a USB stick, MP3 sampled at 128Kbs.

Have to admit it take me about 3/4 of an hour of a high volume (70%) adjusting each individual setting to get it to sound good in my garage with the roof raised and lowered.

That was about 5 hears ago, and since then it's been switched on about half a dozen times. The best quality music comes form the four pipes at the rear! :D
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

It'll never sound "good" at 128kbps ... ;)
I agree about the quad speakers at the back, though! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

It sounds like this isnt the right car for you mm, all you seem to do is beat on it all the time and quite frankly its getting quite boring now.
A lot of us, the majority dont have an issue with meridian, yes it may not be the best system in the world but it does what it says on the tin.
Most of us didnt buy the car to listen to the stereo and as for DIMINISHED EXPECTATIONS thats just total bollocks, basically you're saying we all bought the car because of smoke and mirrors, thats laughable.
Anyway rant over, i hope you either sort the car to your expectations or find another one and rant about that lol
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

The majority...you mean you. And then you admit it's not the best, although it's sold as, and I quote, LOL...

'Experience your choice of music with more clarity and precision than ever before (BS Before what?), thanks to Meridian’s superb car audio tech. Innovative technologies deliver all the fullness and clarity of live performance (What does that even mean?), via your car music player and strategically arranged speakers (IE WHERE WE COULD ACTUALLY PUT THEM MORE LIKE). With the option of unique TrifieldTM technology, and Cabin Correction to compensate for varied surfaces and textures (AS THE JAGUAR HAS ONE OF THE WORST QUALITY PLASTICS KNOWN INSIDE A CAR), British audio brand Meridian immerses you in the rhythm of the music (no they don't the band playing does), with exceptional definition (IN THEIR OPINION), crystal clear highs (EAR SHRILLING TREBLE) and full, deep bass (BASS IS ALWAYS DEEP)'

As for doing what it states on the tin, a £30 Halfords special would do what it says on the tin.

'Most of us' again, you mean you again, didn't buy the car for the stereo, what the fudge? What because I have an opinion you obviously take that personally, I was only asking if anyone had improved on the piece of crud that's in it already. It's MY CAR I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT. If you don't like what I say, turn the channel over Mrs.Whitehouse.

And no I never said YOU ALL BOUGHT THE CAR BECAUSE OF SMOKE AND MIRRORS, I said that party trick is one of the reasons, and most mens (sorry ladies you have your own reasons) testosterone gets tickled when the sale rep does the party trick, please tell me you didn't buy the car because of the following: Its above standard build quality, it's impeccable reliability, it's blistering 0-60 (except for the svr) it's audiophile quality stereo system, it's practicality? No?
I bought it for one reason, I absolutely love its looks Period, but would I buy another one, absolutely 100% no way Jose.

I will enjoy it for now, as how dare I have an opinion outside the denial club. Germany Hier komme ich Baby!!

Thanks also for the use of the word Bow Locks.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I personally feel this topic is going no where and doesn't help anyone.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

simpleR wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:43 am I personally feel this topic is going no where and doesn't help anyone.
I tend to agree.
Locked.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post