Meridian System Poor

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

basher wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:39 pm Dead centre.
And EQ set with a little bit of bass + treble.
Thanks Basher, Exactly where I've ended up just sat on the drive! Just need some more time driving, to check it out properly!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

nugets24

Post by nugets24 »

Hi Im new here. I just collected by 68 plate p300 r dynamic yesterday, which was fitted with the 770W system and I have to say I am so so disappointed with how rubbish it is. The sound is unbelievably flat and not immersive in the slightest. I had an XF with the upgraded B&W system and I still recall being blown away the first time I turned that on 10 yrs ago. I genuinely thought the speakers must be faulty or damaged yesterday but now reading through the forums Im starting to realise there is no fault.
2018- MY19 -Santorini black R-dynamic P300, black pack, 770W meridian surround system
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

nugets24 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 am Hi Im new here. I just collected by 68 plate p300 r dynamic yesterday, which was fitted with the 770W system and I have to say I am so so disappointed with how rubbish it is. The sound is unbelievably flat and not immersive in the slightest. I had an XF with the upgraded B&W system and I still recall being blown away the first time I turned that on 10 yrs ago. I genuinely thought the speakers must be faulty or damaged yesterday but now reading through the forums Im starting to realise there is no fault.
Hi, what head unit and software version is it running? There was some known issues on the Touch Pro with poor sound and settings I recall.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

What settings are you using? I've only got the 380W Meridian system but it's at least as good (to my ears) as the 550W B&W system I had in my previous XKR. I've read that the settings you use can make a big difference to the perceived sound quality.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi Nugets24, check the centering control for balance and fade, small adjustments seem to have a large effect on the sound quality due to the smaller cabin size, a few steps backwards and my front speakers barely made a sound.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Put the sound system into stereo setting, live with the thinner sound for a little while, then adjust the tone controls how you like it which counters the thinness. That for me is as good as that system gets. I'm pretty sure the centre speaker colours the sound badly despite bringing fullness, it's more natural if switched out by the stereo setting. Sure the door speakers aren't the best, and road noise is always there, but do try my suggestion.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
nugets24

Post by nugets24 »

simpleR wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:44 am
nugets24 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 am Hi Im new here. I just collected by 68 plate p300 r dynamic yesterday, which was fitted with the 770W system and I have to say I am so so disappointed with how rubbish it is. The sound is unbelievably flat and not immersive in the slightest. I had an XF with the upgraded B&W system and I still recall being blown away the first time I turned that on 10 yrs ago. I genuinely thought the speakers must be faulty or damaged yesterday but now reading through the forums Im starting to realise there is no fault.
Hi, what head unit and software version is it running? There was some known issues on the Touch Pro with poor sound and settings I recall.
Sorry for the late reply didnt get any notifications! but it is incontrol touch pro version 19C_19.56.4-458817. Apparently up to date.

thanks for your help
2018- MY19 -Santorini black R-dynamic P300, black pack, 770W meridian surround system
nugets24

Post by nugets24 »

To Jaguandy, philskill and scm, So ive got it set up with sound being bang on central, but literally anything with bass sounds awful.

so so dissapointed, dont know if its worth seeing if Jag can do anything.

So far im living with it in stereo with a couple up on treble and bass
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

nugets24 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:25 pm Sorry for the late reply didnt get any notifications! but it is incontrol touch pro version 19C_19.56.4-458817. Apparently up to date.
thanks for your help
So you have a 68 plate 770W surround sound system in warranty. Presumably that must be an MY19 spec with the touch pro without the buttons on the side.
In which case there are more updates after 19C which should be logged on Topix code H264. If you PM me your reg I will have a look but if its as bad as you say then a trip to the dealer for free software updates and a second opinion is in order.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Maybe take your music source and try another at the dealers and then you can show them the issue, it's not a bad system just not as good as it could have been, so I expect you have a duff speaker or 2.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post