Meridian System Poor

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Myer

Post by Myer »

I am also not impressed with the sound quality of the "high end" factory system on my R Coupe. In particular the vibration that I often get from the front speakers. It has been into the dealer for a so called audio update and front door area insulation but in truth it has barely made any difference.

On reading this very long and often contentious post I decided to message Mark from Cartronics after seeing some photos of an F-Type sound upgrade. Mark told me the total upgrade price amounted to £2,900.00. I asked him what this entailed and he told me all the speakers would be upgraded together with either one or possibly two new amplifiers, which also involved changing or amending the optical connector. In addition the doors would be padded / insulated to reduce possible vibration. The rear subwoofer would remain as is but would be powered by the new amplifier. The complete the job he would require the car for approximately 4 days.

I have since emailed Mark requesting a detailed quotation. I really need to know the make and version of the upgraded speakers and the details of the Amplifier or Amplifiers. If anyone else has any information it would be much appreciated.

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I've bought Signature door speakers and tweeters and installed them with Silentcoat sheeting and foam in the door panels. Much improved detail and less coloured sound. I'm pleased with this simple and cheap upgrade, about £250 all in with careful ebaying and a short day's work. I have a Signature speaker ready to go in the dash centre. Before I pick around with my plastic trim tools, can anyone tell me where to lift the centre speaker cover first? As it's in plain view I want to avoid any damage of course.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post