Meridian System Poor

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
davidd

Post by davidd »

captainham wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:17 am I'd also say that the Meridian is not the best quality kit - not for the money I paid for it anyway. I agree that the sound of the car itself is one of the main reasons I bought it, but if I'm driving 12-14 hours to southern Germany like I do on occasion then I do sometimes want to listen to music!

I saw these guys advertise ages ago (Byfleet, Surrey) but can't vouch for their work and don't know of anyone who took them up on it - adding purely FYI so you can make your own minds up.
https://www.cartronics.co.uk/case-studi ... er-upgrade
How much is all that?

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

davidd wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:41 am
captainham wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:17 am I'd also say that the Meridian is not the best quality kit - not for the money I paid for it anyway. I agree that the sound of the car itself is one of the main reasons I bought it, but if I'm driving 12-14 hours to southern Germany like I do on occasion then I do sometimes want to listen to music!

I saw these guys advertise ages ago (Byfleet, Surrey) but can't vouch for their work and don't know of anyone who took them up on it - adding purely FYI so you can make your own minds up.
How much is all that?
Lots I'm guessing
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
basher

Post by basher »

I agree with Kaspa's last comment about quality of source audio files.

I ripped a bunch of CDs onto my iPod years ago at the highest quality that I could. Sadly, iPod has died, but I still play my iTunes library via a USB stick in the car. I'm really pretty pleased with the quality.

And as I've said previously, I don't tend to crank the audio volume as much as I used to in my old TT as I still like to hear the F exhaust above the music. Not had any speaker rattles as a result.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Tel

Post by Tel »

Majority of mine are just 128Kbs - If they can sound good on the Meridian 770W system, then the OP must just be unlucky with his setup...or my ears are shot after decades of electronica..ca..ca :-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
captainham

Post by captainham »

davidd wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:41 am

How much is all that?
Not sure, haven't spoken to them myself, but I have a vague recollection somebody did call them a couple of years back and I have a feeling it was in the region of £1500-2500...don't quote me on that, old grey matter not what it used to be and even then it wasn't very good!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

Contacted Cartronics (Comes up on my phone as Chilli Jacks?) spoke to a guy there and he said I should email the boss and get the price that way...WEIRD...

Email as follows for those with deep pockets and aural superiority: mark@cartronics.co.uk

As the website shows an F-Type with it installed perhaps the owner is a member and could tell us more?

Jaguar-F-type-audio-upgrade-with-subwoofers.jpg

Jaguar-F-type-new-amplifers-with-optical-mObridge-DA3-DSP.jpg

Jaguar-F-type-speaker-upgrade.jpg

Audio-upgrade-Jaguar-F-type.jpg

Jag-F-type-audio-upgrade.jpg

Last edited by PhilB on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing inappropriate comment
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Yet again I've had to come behind you and moderate on this topic.
In this case removing inappropriate content.
Final warning.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Learnt something while playing with my Meridian Surround Audio settings.

1) Dont play with the audio settings while updating maps... cancels the update :x
2) I found the balance/centre control had been set slightly towards the rear 20% ish, the size of the dot away from the central marker, this control is very sensitive! moved it back to the exact centre and suddenly all the front speakers came to life, think this will improve my issues with the system considerably.

Now I just need to drive another 20 mins to do the map update again... well that's such a hardship 8-)
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Philskill wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 pm Learnt something while playing with my Meridian Surround Audio settings.

1) Dont play with the audio settings while updating maps... cancels the update :x
<snip>
This for me is the most shocking thing in this whole entire thread...you use the inbuilt satnav/actually bother to use it?! :shock: :o :?

Just kidding...sort of...I don't even touch the nav as I think it's about as good as my early 2000's satnav, if not worse! I keep umming and arring about the Naivplus system which disables the stock satnav and gives you Android Auto...but am too lazy to have quite got round to it yet.
captainham

Post by captainham »

MM1963 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:52 pm As the website shows an F-Type with it installed perhaps the owner is a member and could tell us more?
Maybe I'm just too many beers in to a night at home (getting used to lockdown culture :lol: ) but those pics look like a tidy install to me...ok, they're only pics but look promising enough, price dependent of course!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post