Meridian System Poor

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Strange when you watch the f type build. How much they have gone into to making a good sound system. Which I think it is. But a handful of folk think it is trash. Weird. My model is the convertible so anything above 40 or so mph the stereo is mixed with road noise, so would never be good. Sat in garage tonight & listened to tubular bells on full chat. No rattling door panels. Sounded very crisp. but if I were doing 60 down the motorway would probably be mediocre. Small cabin Rag roof . Stuff it sound off rice crispies on. Job done.
Steve
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:14 am... sound off rice crispies on. Job done.
Rice crispies? Nonsense - God's bubble wrap! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

Philskill wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 pm I found the balance/centre control had been set slightly towards the rear 20% ish, the size of the dot away from the central marker, this control is very sensitive! moved it back to the exact centre and suddenly all the front speakers came to life, think this will improve my issues with the system considerably.
That's exactly how I have mine set too.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:40 pm That's exactly how I have mine set too.
Mine too. Equaliser flat.
basher

Post by basher »

scm wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:50 pm
basher wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:40 pm That's exactly how I have mine set too.
Mine too. Equaliser flat.
I have a slightly smiling mouth for equaliser... i.e. a bit of bass + treble.

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

captainham wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:39 pm
Philskill wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 pm Learnt something while playing with my Meridian Surround Audio settings.

1) Dont play with the audio settings while updating maps... cancels the update :x
<snip>
This for me is the most shocking thing in this whole entire thread...you use the inbuilt satnav/actually bother to use it?! :shock: :o :?
Its streets ahead of the one in the Evoque!!!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

basher wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Philskill wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 pm I found the balance/centre control had been set slightly towards the rear 20% ish, the size of the dot away from the central marker, this control is very sensitive! moved it back to the exact centre and suddenly all the front speakers came to life, think this will improve my issues with the system considerably.
Do you mean you have yours in the centre or towards the rear?

Mine seemed to be running entirely on the rear speakers hence the strange sound as they look configured as bass and treble with no midrange.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

Philskill wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:53 pm
captainham wrote: ↑Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:39 pm This for me is the most shocking thing in this whole entire thread...you use the inbuilt satnav/actually bother to use it?! :shock: :o :?
It's streets ahead of the one in the Evoque!!!
Although I hear loads of complaints about Jaguar satnavs, I've never had a problem with those in any of my Jags - I can always find my destination in them and they get me there efficiently. The interface is a bit clunky, but the navigation is fine for me.
Last edited by scm on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basher

Post by basher »

Philskill wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 pm
basher wrote: ↑Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:40 pm
Do you mean you have yours in the centre or towards the rear?

Mine seemed to be running entirely on the rear speakers hence the strange sound as they look configured as bass and treble with no midrange.
Dead centre.
And EQ set with a little bit of bass + treble.

scm

Post by scm »

When I attended an F-Type Beyond Limits session at Millbrook back in 2014 the Meridian guys were present trying to get feedback on their systems. But I can't imagine anyone bothering to turn on the audio when they're having such a blast at stupid speeds! So you can blame us if you don't like the sound, sorry. ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post