Check Your Boot!

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

tapg wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm Do you just connect across battery or connect to power bars? As have seen a post saying you need to use the bar connection. Wiring in the Ctek was a job for the weekend but I now have more pressing issue it seems!
I connect to the power bar, otherwise I wouldn't have to remove the cubby. I like to stand the CTEK on metal to dissipate any heat generated.
Hope you get to the bottom of where the water's getting in - fingers crossed for you!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn »

The old trick to track water leaks was to dust the suspect areas with talcum powder, when the water trickled or dripped on it you could see the marks.
2021MY P300 1st edition Coupe, Eiger grey, with Climate, Privacy, and Tracker,
Previous: 2019MY XE 300 Sport {petrol) with lots of addons.
Previous: 2017MY XE 240 Portfolio (petrol) with a selection of addons.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I don't drive mine in the rain, but do wash it myself and always dry off the back.
Where exactly must I look to see if the seals or rubbers are in place and working fine.
where is the drain holes I need to look at ?

Thanks
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

I've seen some reports that the seals that run up the sides of the rear opening can be problematic and need re-sticking.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
tapg

Post by tapg »

I had a cover on for a while but have left it off for past 4 months while it's stood outside and been checking regularly. There has only been a couple of times I have found very small amounts of water. After a few heavy rain storms I expected to get an issue but nothing. Yet week or so later around 5-10ml with small trail giving a clue . So it's an intermittent issue.

Sensible washing with a hose and I cannot get any in. So I do wonder if at the place of purchase they had been blasting it with a pressure washer prior to purchase and it went back there with an issue and they told me they had it cleaned for me.

Yes my seals had started to come away but I pushed them back on both sides thinking I had found the issue but no, at least they have stayed put. Do wonder if this was caused by leaving car in full sun on very hot days? It's not been very hot in Essex for a long while!

You need to see the battery area, remove boot floor panel then battery cover then have the cubby out so you can see all the fuse bar connection and metal floor of boot.

It's going in for a major service so going to speak with them at time, as I do suspect area around fixed spoiler.
2016 Caldera Red, 19in Centrifuge, Pan roof, Z93Z sport design pack, Switchable Active Exhaust and black pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post