Replacing Brake Pads - Help Please

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Photo taken from the F-Type brochure which gives details on the performance braking systems.

DSCN5824.JPG

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

thanks all, all sorted now!
really appreciate the quick replies
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Jag superperformance brakes did not come std in black, they came std in red and you had pay extra for black, i know ;)
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Timbo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:44 pm Jag superperformance brakes did not come std in black, they came std in red and you had pay extra for black, i know ;)

Yep, the high performance and super performance brake calipers are red as standard and black is optional..........as shown in the Jaguar 'Performance Braking Systems' photograph I posted above ;)
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

This has obviously changed repeatedly! MY20 high performance are black standard, red optional whilst the super performance are red standard, black optional. Seems a marketing ploy to get more cash in as the colour change was £320!

I went with the high performance (standard on P380) as the super performance brakes seem to use exactly the same front brakes and the ‘upgrade’ is just to the rear brakes, from 325mm to 376mm discs. Is there a difference to the front brake setup?
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

The photo I posted (showing the Jaguar ‘Performance Braking Systems’) was taken from the F-Type 2013 – 2015 brochure.

The high performance and super performance 380mm front brakes use exactly the same set up. The upgrade only applies to the rear brakes at 376mm (Super Performance).

Taken from the F-Type brochure.........

”The front calipers make extensive use of aluminium to reduce the ‘unsprung mass’ of the car, benefitting both handling and ride refinement. Each system features large, ventilated brake discs – up to 380mm in diameter on the High Performance and Super Performance systems. This large ‘swept area’ improves braking force as well as providing greater capacity for the discs to absorb and dissipate the heat energy generated during braking.”
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, the 3 brake packages in essence were...
Base V6
V6S = + bigger front
V8 = + bigger rear too
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
JDigger67

Post by JDigger67 »

Hi dbv6s
I fitted the Wortec discs to the front of my car (see my posts) which made a significant difference to the braking with EBC yellow stuff pads.
I have since fitted the yellow stuff pads to my other cars as these work well from cold to pushing it, they do produce some dust but they are worth every penny, just my humble opinion ... :o

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post