Replacing Brake Pads - Help Please

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi All,

Looking to change my break pads, car is a V6S and Topix describes the brakes as "HIGH PERF BRAKE PROGRAMME"
Searched through quite a few posts and websites and seem to get mixed messages about part numbers, most generic websites state that there are two options for my car and to read the descriptions to confirm which one I need (descriptions state sizes but I'm not sure which size I need)

Rear pads have the following markings;
4670 PFN
TRW
GALFER 4601 FF

Can anyone confirm the part numbers for front & rear that would fit please?

Nick

Post by Nick »

Have a look at the link below, a bit about high perf brakes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgv3e86ychlb ... brakes.pdf
Last edited by Nick on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I use Autodoc for parts, just enter your car details and it will offer you a selection of pads from different manufacturers. Everything I’ve had from them for previous cars has been good. Assume you are doing front axle pads?
Nick

Post by Nick »

MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Nick

Post by Nick »

Found this from over the pond.

Originally Posted by OzXFR View Post
DJS is correct, the standard brakes on the V6S are the "high performance" brakes 380 mm front and 326 mm rear, and the optional brakes (excluding CCM) were the "super performance" brakes, as fitted stock to the F-Type R and V8S, the same 380 mm fronts but 376 mm rears.
So if you want EBC Yellowstuffs pads for a V6S with the standard V6S brakes you need the 380 mm fronts and 326 mm rears.
Just to complicate things a little more the 380 mm fronts are all the same across the entire JLR range but the 376 mm calipers and pads on the F-Type are not the same as those on the XFR for example, as the XFR and F-Type have very different EBP set-ups. Same with the 326 mm rear calipers and pads, they are different on the F-Type compared to other Jags.
After some searching I have worked out that the part numbers you want are:
Front DP42191R
Rear DP42190R
The problem with searching the various sellers' web pages is that when you go to check vehicle compatibility for a 2017 F-Type V6S, they all default to the "super performance" rear brakes and say the DP42190R is "not compatible with your vehicle", but if you select the base V6 model (not the S) then the DP42190R suddenly are compatible.
Thank you so much! You are 100% correct. I found my original window sticker and I have the standard brakes that come on the S - it is listed as "high performance braking system" - not "super" so I have 380mm front and 326mm rear. These part numbers are correct.

DP42190R

This show the sizes compare them and see, Wouldn’t use Yellowstuff though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/662870312
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Thanks All, really appreciate the help, the dropbox link particularly helpful, thanks Nick. Now confused a little - drop box link outlines the 3 types of brakes for the Ftype (ignoring carbon ceramic):

Jaguar Performance Braking System
355mm front discs / 325mm rear discs; silver calipers; standard on F-TYPE

Jaguar High Performance Braking System
380mm front discs / 325mm rear discs (as on XKR-S); black calipers; standard on F-TYPE S

Jaguar Super Performance Braking System
380mm front discs / 376mm rear discs; black calipers standard, red calipers as an option; standard on F-TYPE V8 S,
available as an option on F-TYPE S

The diagrams on the link also make reference to "The high performance - Black calipers only, Super performance - black calipers standard, red as an option"
Whilst Topix says I have High Performance braking system (so the standard V6S brakes), it also states I have "Optional Red Calipers" - which from this info would seem to be the super performance braking system?
Unless anyone can confirm red calipers was an option on the performance braking system looks like I've got a mismatch
Nick

Post by Nick »

You have the brake pads off, measure them as each performance Calliper will use a different size pad.

Failing that I thought you can get the full spec from jaguar of your car by imputing your reg details, there is a certain member on her who may be able to help with details of your car if all else fails.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I have the 2016 Jaguar F-Type V6 S. This has the ‘High Performance braking system’ with red brake calipers and 380mm front discs / 325mm rear discs.

The red calipers are standard on the V6 S and the black calipers are optional (see my photo taken from the F-TYPE brochure, further down this topic).

Front brake pads:
The Jaguar main dealer part number for the front brake pads is T2R22312.
The eurocarparts.com product code for the front brake pads is 101631978.
The front brake pad dimensions are Height 79mm / Length 193mm / Thickness 19mm.

Rear brake pads:
The Jaguar main dealer part number for the rear brake pads is T2R7945.
The code for Girling rear brake pads is 6120661 (TRW code is GDB2066).
The eurocarparts.com product code for the rear brake pads is 101631988 (don’t be put off by ‘Brake System 17''-TRW’).
The rear brake pad dimensions are Height 58mm / Length 104mm / Thickness 17mm.

With regards to the rear brake pads, also check the vehicle identification number (VIN) on your car to ensure the last 6 digits are above K09028 as the rear brake pad info I have supplied above applies to this.

If your VIN is K09028 or below then the eurocarparts.com product code for the rear pads is 101631998. These rear pad dimensions are: Height 63mm / Length 114mm / Thickness 17mm.
Last edited by RPSN on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 am Unless anyone can confirm red calipers was an option on the performance braking system looks like I've got a mismatch
Surely the easiest way to determine which system you've got is to measure the discs, it should be quite easy to identify from that.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:45 am Thanks All, really appreciate the help, the dropbox link particularly helpful, thanks Nick. Now confused a little - drop box link outlines the 3 types of brakes for the Ftype (ignoring carbon ceramic):

Jaguar Performance Braking System
355mm front discs / 325mm rear discs; silver calipers; standard on F-TYPE

Jaguar High Performance Braking System
380mm front discs / 325mm rear discs (as on XKR-S); black calipers; standard on F-TYPE S

Jaguar Super Performance Braking System
380mm front discs / 376mm rear discs; black calipers standard, red calipers as an option; standard on F-TYPE V8 S,
available as an option on F-TYPE S

The diagrams on the link also make reference to "The high performance - Black calipers only, Super performance - black calipers standard, red as an option"
Whilst Topix says I have High Performance braking system (so the standard V6S brakes), it also states I have "Optional Red Calipers" - which from this info would seem to be the super performance braking system?
Unless anyone can confirm red calipers was an option on the performance braking system looks like I've got a mismatch
I have high performance braking system with red calipers on my P380 380 front, 325 rear

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post