Charge F-Type battery

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Cheers scm, I'll tie it up out of the way - never been a fan of cables that just dangle around doing nothing!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Hi All

I'm fitting the ctek for first time probably day after boxing day and SORN for a couple of months over winter

question i have is if i put the ctek on a timer so it's only on every night (say 5.00 PM till midnight) is that an issue or should it be on all time?
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Backofthenet wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:59 pm Hi All

I'm fitting the ctek for first time probably day after boxing day and SORN for a couple of months over winter

question i have is if i put the ctek on a timer so it's only on every night (say 5.00 PM till midnight) is that an issue or should it be on all time?

I swop my charger between car & our caravan battery. Leaving either battery to fend for itself for a week or so, then swopping over again.

Doesn’t seem to make any difference to my batteries so think you’d be ok switching off during the day.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Backofthenet wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:59 pm Hi All

The CTEK is designed to be left on all the time, that way it maintains the battery at optimum condition.
Why would you want to put it on timer?
Mine stays connected for up to 5 months at a time over the winter.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

OK thanks
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Maybe if you are laying up for a few months over winter worth placing a caravan moisture trap in the car also.
I put one in the car and one in the boot.
Surprising how much water it draws in.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Just had a dry run for fitting the ctek - found the connection points but it looks like the lugs are bigger than the ctek connections so they won't fit over the lugs for when i come to screw them down?

the crocodile clips do connect to the lugs but i do wonder if they will maintain a good current to the battery - anyone else had the issue with the fittings on the ctek and the F-Type lugs - mine is a MY18 SVR
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I drilled my fittings out a little so that they would fit, then used a circular file to fine-tune it - always do it a little bit at a time, the less you drill out the better. Mine has been working just fine like that.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
scm

Post by scm »

You can actually buy CTEK leads that have bigger eyelets, if you know what size you need. I've always used the clips to connect mine (too lazy to get round to fitting the lead!) and haven't had any issues.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

OK - i'll use the clips - they did seem to be putting a charge through - one more question - will the boot shut with the power lead trailing out?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post