Written off R

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
rob550

Post by rob550 »

Hi guys thanks for all the positive comments, you are all absolutely correct the main thing was no one was seriously hurt, by the way she was driving a beetle cabriolet and that wasn't even a write off,they are going to put it back on the road,may be it was the angle that I hit her as I did try to swerve to the left thats why the right corner took most of the impact. I have been really lucky and fount a replacement, another R with almost the identical spec-2019 and only 900 miles on the clock. Insurance company were really great,paid out more than I was expecting and our local jaguar dealer gave me a really good deal, so every cloud has a silver lining......thanks again guys will post some pics a little later on

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Good to hear a positive and rapid resolution for you.

So is that her Beetle behind your car in the photo? If so it does look remarkably straight, especially for a convertible in such a coming together.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
basher

Post by basher »

Nice one Rob.

So you've now got an almost brand new car with presumably some warranty... it's a later MY so hopefully very few Jaguar gremlins too.

Hopefully you'll look after this one! 😜
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

rob550 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:28 pm Hi guys thanks for all the positive comments, you are all absolutely correct the main thing was no one was seriously hurt, by the way she was driving a beetle cabriolet and that wasn't even a write off,they are going to put it back on the road,may be it was the angle that I hit her as I did try to swerve to the left thats why the right corner took most of the impact. I have been really lucky and fount a replacement, another R with almost the identical spec-2019 and only 900 miles on the clock. Insurance company were really great,paid out more than I was expecting and our local jaguar dealer gave me a really good deal, so every cloud has a silver lining......thanks again guys will post some pics a little later on
That’s a good result after what must have been a nasty experience. Can I ask who the insurance company is?
rob550

Post by rob550 »

We feel very lucky with the way things have turned out,and yes that is her beetle in the back ground and I was amazed that it is being put back on the road,they reckoned that there is about £12000 worth of damage.With regards to the insurance we used a local broker but the company itself is NFU Mutual,they were really great to deal with,I was expecting real problems and weeks of negotiating to get a fair pay out but nothing could be further from the truth. We will definitely look after her,spent 2 days detailing her and she looks stunning,but then again the old car was also immaculate until that fateful day. Will post some pics soon, Thanks again guys!!!!!!!
badger

Post by badger »

rob550 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 pm We feel very lucky with the way things have turned out,and yes that is her beetle in the back ground and I was amazed that it is being put back on the road,they reckoned that there is about £12000 worth of damage.With regards to the insurance we used a local broker but the company itself is NFU Mutual,they were really great to deal with,I was expecting real problems and weeks of negotiating to get a fair pay out but nothing could be further from the truth. We will definitely look after her,spent 2 days detailing her and she looks stunning,but then again the old car was also immaculate until that fateful day. Will post some pics soon, Thanks again guys!!!!!!!
might have to look at nfu when the renewal comes in..
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

+1 for NFU Mutual, its who I use, lots of questions before getting my quote because of Mods to the Evoque, but you know if they insure you they will cover you properly.

Ouch that is a lot of damage, glad all were ok!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

Good to hear a positive outcome after such an unpleasant experience.
Enjoy your new beast and glad you stayed with a jaguar.
Interested to hear how your new f compares.
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones
rob550

Post by rob550 »

Hi mate, thanks for your post, we are both almost back to normal with just the odd twinge when we cough or sneeze, didn't imagine it would take so long to recover. I'm really pleased with the new car,the seats seam to be a little more supportive and the car just seems to be a bit more nimble through the bends but may be that s just my imagination, and the LED head lights are a definite improvement, still the same great sound never get tired of those pops and crackles! We have been really lucky that things have turned out so well after such an upsetting time,will post some photos soon THANKS AGAIN
scm

Post by scm »

Good news indeed.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!