Written off R

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
rob550

Post by rob550 »

Hi guys, don't often post on the forum but enjoy reading all your posts. Thought I would post a few pics of my R after a recent accident, young girl pulled out in front of us on a bend,didn't even have a chance to hit the brakes... t-boned her at about 40 mph. Car was 5 years old so insurance write off. We both walked away but received severe bruising to ribs and sternum but on the mend now....Sad to see the state of it now as the car was immaculate and low millage. Wheel was ripped off chassis bent and buckled drive shaft ripped out of front diff steering rack ripped out inter cooler radiator and oil cooler destroyed plus bonnet wings and front panel totaled.

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

scm

Post by scm »

Ouch! Glad you weren't too badly hurt. Good luck with your hunt for a replacement. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Glad your Walked away ok, nasty when people pull out in front with no warning. That will not polish out..
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
davidd

Post by davidd »

Ouch, glad you are ok.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Always the first thing is what matters that all are OK, albeit sounds like you took a battering. The car is just replaceable metal and a lot of financial loss and hassle.
Good job this is not on my old Z4 forum as by now you have a shopping list of people asking you for the seats, rear bumper, remaining 3 wheels and the larger brake calipers. Always made me smile in the dark moments following a crash
Enjoy the search for a replacement
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
basher

Post by basher »

Really feel for you. But at least you're both OK.
Last edited by basher on Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:57 am Good job this is not on my old Z4 forum as by now you have a shopping list of people asking you for the seats, rear bumper, remaining 3 wheels and the larger brake calipers. Always made me smile in the dark moments following a crash
I admit I looked covetously at that front left (apparently unkerbed) wheel. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Yikes!!!
Pleased you are ok, that’s a lot of damage for 40mph, having said that the main structure looks good and the windscreen isn’t even cracked.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes indeed - horrible thing to have happen, but you just have to be thankful that all involved are ok.

Have to say I've been trying to tell if only the driver's side PPS fired, or it's just been bent up.

It would be rather strange if they weren't interconnected, or maybe the passenger side one failed to fire.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Glad you’re both on the mend, it’s never nice to look at the state of the car after a crash, what was she driving - a JCB digger?