Cold start noise

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
patto

Post by patto »

Hi , I have had my 2017 v6 for 3 weeks and loving it after coming from a GT86 the extra power is nice the only thing I would like to change on the car is how loud the cold start is . Early morning start ups are wearing thin with the people next door .
Is a module that can be fitted or can it be taken off during a remap which is what I had done to the GT86
Thanks

scm

Post by scm »

You can mitigate the start-up noise to some extent by selecting D immediately after starting. Your neighbour will still be woken up, alas. :(
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Volley

Post by Volley »

The active exhaust is set to bypass for 20 to 30 seconds to ensure the car is loud when it starts up..........wicked Jaguar engineers 😀👍
MY21 First Edition R-Dynamic P450
5l V8 RWD
Eiger Grey
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You can fit an aftermarket module that is programmable to be closed on start, open or remember how you last set it
Works a great on mine. Early airport starts, quiet motorway cruising or spirited drive in the countryside
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
doshdad

Post by doshdad »

Hi guys
Where do you get this ‘ after market module ?
Phil
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

doshdad wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:16 pm Hi guys
Where do you get this ‘ after market module ?
Phil
This is the module I have fitted:
http://www.mods4cars.com/
Look in the shop for the F type and you’ll see how control of the exhaust valves is part of the features
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
stucart

Post by stucart »

I have one of these SmartTop modules fitted and unless i'm missing something you will still get the Start Up Roar regardless of any settings as the valves require Vacuum to close them so till the engine is running they are open hence the Roar initially.

What i'd like is some way BY CHOICE of keeping the valves closed when the revs go above 4000rpm , trying to pull a stealth overtake then the valves opening as your level with the other vehicle does appear that your showing off!!

Cold start as stated, pull it into "D" as soon as engine starts limits it slightly for neighbours.
2014 V6s Roadster
Polaris White /Red Interior/Black Roof
20" Carbon Blades
Black Pack, + Every Option :D
Full REMUS Cat back system :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post