Removing Supercharger

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

keep it and enjoy, you will only regret selling.

scz4

Post by scz4 »

RPSN wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:03 am Done some research and if this is the ‘Y’ coolant pipe under the supercharger (see attached images) there appears to be two or three ‘O’ rings with it and one screw. If you Google the part number AJ813865 for the pipe, there are numerous suppliers.
Can you confirm the part comes with the O ring and the screw, I think that's what you've said above, but just wanted to double check I wouldn't need to order them separately.

Anything else worth changing whilst in there?
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@scz4......Probably best for you to ask Rizwan as he’s already received the ‘Y’ pipe from Britcar and fitted it.

All the part numbers and diagrams for the pipe, O rings and screw (VIN specific) are provided in my earlier links in this topic in case you need them.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Rizwan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:12 pm I should've followed the advice about the Y pipe leaking from the join as this was indeed my issue.

Jaguar dealer was not helpful in supplying the parts and I got them from britcar in the end. All done now, leak fixed and car is working again. Forgot how nice it was to drive as it's been off the road for over 3 months!

Thanks to everyone for their for their help.

Beautiful car and great to drive but I think I've had my share of bad luck and will be putting it up for sale now.

Good to hear that the car is all sorted now.

I can understand you wanting to sell after all the problems you’ve had with it. There again, as you’ve done all the necessary work and still enjoy driving it, why not enjoy some more before considering selling......you may regret it otherwise?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Sorry to raise this topic again.

I'm away to order AJ813865 (lower Y-pipe water outlet), just waiting from confirmation if it comes with the 3x O-Rings and Screw, but just wonder if there is any value in replacing the upper water outlet or any other parts (hoses etc?) whilst the supercharger is removed to resolve the clunk whilst turning the engine off.
scz4

Post by scz4 »

How about this part?

Capture.JPG

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

The cooler pipe connector that you have highlighted in yellow shows the latest part number to be AJ813865 which is the part you have already ordered.

If you click on it, it is part 9 on the attached illustration.

1.png

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Ooops, I meant part 8, the "Outlet Pipe"
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

The Jaguar website shows part 8 ‘Outlet pipe upper’ as no longer available (part number C2Z28536).

The Britcar website shows that this part number C2Z28536 is now AJ813917 and AJ813865 so it’s probably best to check that the ‘outlet pipe upper’ fitted on your car is the same as one of these.......

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/ ... e___f_pace

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/ ... f___f_pace
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Hi,

Britcar have told me part AJ813865 is not available from Jaguar and not available on back order either

I might as well cancel the order as the updated upper tube won't be compatible with my current lower tube.

Gutted, had hoped to replace all of these whilst the supercharger was off.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post