MY2018 incontrol pro nav no sound

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

I have a very strange problem and I’m getting very frustrated because I just cannot sort it. I have an MY 2018 F type with the in control pro system I think it is the 8 inch one that has the buttons on the side.

My car went in for a service and a software update two weeks ago and since I’ve got it back I’ve noticed no sound or alerts on the navigation system. I have checked all the settings and the option for alerts is Checked and when I enter a destination and check on the navigation is the sound is on.

However I get no sound for the alerts such as safety camera or turn directions even though the music I am playing goes muted briefly in anticipation of where there should be a vocal alert. I have checked every single setting and there is absolutely not an option for the sound or speaker icons. I have looked everywhere and have even tried turning the volume up when the alert is meant to be announced but nothing gives me sound.

Does anyone have any good suggestions please?
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange

Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Same here. MY 2018 coupe with 8" screen & hard buttons, 2 x USB ports & SIM card. H251 update done by the dealer to InControl Touch Pro software version S19B. The first thing I noticed was no navigation voice guidance. Trawled other forums and the only advice I could find was:
1. Obvious check that voice isn't muted in Nav settings
2. Check system settings that language and keyboard are the same, i.e. English.
I also expected Android Auto to work, but it's not installed. I only have InControl Apps which are minimal and of no use to me. If I had Android Auto I could use Google Maps with voice guidance and not worry about the onboard satnav.
I also expected SOTA (software-over-the-air) updates. InControl Touch Pro software is now at version S19C, and according to online maps, a new map version is available (which I have downloaded via USB.) Neither of these were flagged up on my car's InControl Touch screen.
Considering all this, I'm not sure what the point of H251 upgrade is.
My dealer will be getting an earfull from me.
ejefi

Post by ejefi »

I had exactly the same on my MY2018 Coupe after it's service in February. No voice for the Sat Nav & no 'beeps' for the speed cameras.
Dealer said that there must have been a problem with the update being downloaded to the car, they had it back for a day, re did the update & problem solved.
MY18 F-Type SVR Ultra Blue
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Thanks ejefi. Sounds like a re-flash by the dealer is the answer.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Software updates can sometimes reset the Nav voice back to zero.
This includes the safety camera beeps which are linked to it.
The fact that the radio is muting means it's trying to talk.
Set a route then wait until the nav should be talking then press the volume up button on the wheel and you may find the voice will reappear.
Silly system that doesn't have a separate volume control for the nav.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

PhilB wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:20 pm Software updates can sometimes reset the Nav voice back to zero.
This includes the safety camera beeps which are linked to it.
The fact that the radio is muting means it's trying to talk.
Set a route then wait until the nav should be talking then press the volume up button on the wheel and you may find the voice will reappear.
Silly system that doesn't have a separate volume control for the nav.
Thanks. Tried this as well but to no avail
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Thanks PhilB.
Yep, tried that and spent some time on a satnav journey twiddling with the volume. Nogo I'm afraid.
Adjusting voice guidance volume only when it's giving guidance seems to be common, certainly with our other cars (Mercedes & Mazda.)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Sorry to hear that it didn't work.
I've had the same thing in the past and it was just software resetting things to zero such as the nav voice and putting sound settings to default etc etc.
I'm sure a dealer may be able to help.
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:45 pm I'm sure a dealer may be able to help.
Although it seems it was a dealer who caused the problem in the first place! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Well at least i had a laugh. No reply from my local dealer to three emails so copied in Jaguar CS.

Their very helpful response was try turning the volume up!! Really??? Wish i had thought of that 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post