exhaust pop and burble

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
T7MBOR

Post by T7MBOR »

Hi

has anybody tried one of these? https://www.paramount-performance.com/j ... uning.html
just wondered what change it might make...
cheers
Jaguar F Type R 5.0 AWD 2019

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

havent tried it myself but Paramount as a company dont have a great rep - poor quality based on a few other users experiences
If you are looking for more pops and bangs (what engine do you have & what MY?) then id go down the route of a new exhaust system
200 cell cats give you more volume
cat back pipe and smaller back box can be purchased in either valved or non valved form
loads of options around, personally i wouldn't want to have a software tune just for pops and bangs
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Likewise - I'd be worried what went bang!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

VAP can allegedly alter their tunes to affect the pops and bangs.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

T7MBOR - just spotted your location, I'm in coventry so not too far away
when meets come back on, why not come along to a Jaguar Breakfast Club at the Heritage Centre in Gaydon - plenty of Ftypes, some with full systems, some will cats, you can pick and chose what you like the sound of
T7MBOR

Post by T7MBOR »

Thanks for that!

I've just purchased this one https://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/3035585

Should be collecting next Tuesday.

Last Jag I had was a 2011 XKR,since when I've had a 997 Turbo and more recently a lovely 2018 RS6.

Looking forward to getting back into a Jag, but it worries me a little that people say the later ones are much quieter than earlier cars...

I'd love to come to the breakfast club when all this madness has settled down!

Tim
Jaguar F Type R 5.0 AWD 2019
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Looks nice 8-)

Especially the cool cooled seats!

Going from the XKR to the 997 must have been interesting.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Love the silicon silver colour! Think you should be ok noise wise, I test drove a 19 plate R and it sounded great. Sadly my MY20 P380 has petrol particulate filters and is noticeably quieter than the P380 I also test drove - something I will looking to do something about.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Very very nice car.
I have that colour on my wife’s Evoque and people stop in car parks, etc. to ask the colour. It’s awesome and would love to have it on an F type
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Lovely car. Looks very classy in that colour.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post