Service Schedule Items

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

So I thought I would work through all the service schedules and make a table of what gets changed when.

Although I logged in with my 2014 RWD V6 VIN the schedules appear to cover all engine versions.

There is no specific mention of AWD variants, but they could be covered under the general transmission oil heading.

However you would expect the V6 400 to require the same spark plug interval as the 380 - and also is the 380 to 340 that much of a difference?

As such I wonder if I see different schedules to others with the same engine and drive but a later model car.

It would be good if a few more such charts could be posted to get a better understanding of model year changes.

There are a number of things that stand out from the below table...

- The brake fluid change labour cost is excluded.
(By not saying "labour and parts" therefore implying you should receive a free bottle of brake fluid if you don't have it changed.)
- There is no mention of changing the fuel filter at any service.
- The spark plug change for the V6 380 seems to be excessively frequent.
- 144k miles seems quite a lot before changing the accessory and supercharger belts.
- Jaguar believe the transmission oil is good for 160k miles or 10 years, yet ZF recommend changing it at 50-75k miles or 8 years.
(To be honest reading the instructions to disable limp home mode, overfill and then drive, etc. is definitely an expert job.)
- Locking diffs are failing despite the 4 yearly oil change, whereas an open diff, being purely a mechanical lump, is good for 10 years.

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-197411-zf- ... e%20latest.

F-Type Service Items.jpg

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

When I logged in and looked at mine, it does break down the transmission oil changes, into transfer box, rear locking diff, front diff and auto gearbox at differing points. Plugs at 6 years and supercharger and accessories belts at 8 years from memory.

Just had the transfer box oil changed at 3 year service.
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

There is no fuel filter as my indie found out when he serviced my car last month.
As for the jag service schedule i wouldnt follow that to be fair.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies