Jaguar F Type Remote

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
01286p

Post by 01286p »

I lock the car. Check the remote 5 minutes later and it shows both doors, windows, boot and bonnet closed yet if I go back and check again later one or on occasion all are open.
I rush back to the car. To physically check and of course
everything is locked.
Any one with any thoughts on the matter. Would this be covered under the Jaguar extended Guarantee?
2016 V6S 380hp pano Roof with oodles of vroom.

Fez

Post by Fez »

It happens to me if my car is parked up for more than 4 or 5 days. I believe it is associated with when car enters sleep mode and loses contact with your app. The remote seems to default to unlocked....however the car is all locked
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
basher

Post by basher »

Fez wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:35 am It happens to me if my car is parked up for more than 4 or 5 days. I believe it is associated with when car enters sleep mode and loses contact with your app. The remote seems to default to unlocked....however the car is all locked
Same here. πŸ™„
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
SESH

Post by SESH »

I keep getting a constant fuel level indicator low warning at the bottom of the app.
Even if the tank is full?
Have tried re-setting by removing app and downloading again, but warning light is still on.
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
scm

Post by scm »

SESH wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:49 pm I keep getting a constant fuel level indicator low warning at the bottom of the app.
Do you have an iPhone? I've never noticed such an indicator on the Android version. Oh, and I've never experienced the "all windows open" situation, either.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I have noticed that there are [still] 2 different Jaguar Remote apps for Apple devices on the App Store. I am using the newer one which is version 2.3.3 and have not had these issues. The old one is called Jaguar InControl Remote and the newer one is called Jaguar Remote. The icons look almost identical though (both called Jaguar Remote) so difficult to see which is which! Different layouts but almost identical functions. The old one has much worse reviews that the newer one.

332A8E1A-98B3-4107-A6C1-4FF79C4050FD.jpeg

CA7A2CA1-23D6-421D-9985-5CA613DAE3F5.jpeg

scm

Post by scm »

I think the iPhone versions have an extra window than the Android ones - Android has 4: Vehicle Status, Remote Climate, Journeys, and Assistance. Any iPhoners care to confirm?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SESH

Post by SESH »

scm wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:04 pm
SESH wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:49 pm I keep getting a constant fuel level indicator low warning at the bottom of the app.
Do you have an iPhone? I've never noticed such an indicator on the Android version. Oh, and I've never experienced the "all windows open" situation, either.
No I have a Samsung Android.
The fuel warning icon (petrol pump symbol) comes on at the bottom of the screen when low on fuel.
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

scm wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:37 pm I think the iPhone versions have an extra window than the Android ones - Android has 4: Vehicle Status, Remote Climate, Journeys, and Assistance. Any iPhoners care to confirm?
iPhone app (new one!) has 4 main tabs, Home, Remote, Journeys and More (which includes secure features)

Fuel state shown just below centre of home page as mileage/percentage.
Tel

Post by Tel »

I would start by uninstalling the app on either Android or Appple phones then re-installing it and also rebooting the car by lifting the +ve terminal off the battery for a few mins - cures all ills!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©