Incontrol cut out with stop/start

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
pjohners

Post by pjohners »

I have a MY19 with intouch control pro. The annoying issue is that with stop start enabled the infotainment and central dash display cut out for a second when the start process happens. This also cuts the USB for CarPlay making it pretty unusable. Not sure if this is an electrical problem or a software problem. Anyone seen the same?

scm

Post by scm »

I always disable stop/start straight after firing the car up, so never seen this issue, sorry.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I use carplay and on the odd occasion when I’ve forgotten to switch off the stop/start it hasn’t affected the infotainment at all so you do have an issue, it may be a slightly weak battery so the voltage drops too far during startup?
NZ-400

Post by NZ-400 »

I’ve recently seen a similar effect where my screen briefly goes blank when the engine restarts. I’ve not noticed any audio impact and assume that is because I’ve not had anything playing at the time. I tend to agree with GusA an that this could be another consequence of a low battery.
400 Sport, white, panoramic roof, perfect
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

If the issue were a low battery then I’m sure stop start would not activate as it checks voltage.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

I'd guess the actual start draws so much current for a brief time that there's not much left for anything else. Another reason to disable it as a matter of course - it serves no useful purpose. ;)
pjohners

Post by pjohners »

Update. Car went into JLR Main dealer. They diagnosed a power control module via an error code. The power control module was replaced (6 hours labour required) and it has resolved the problem. It appears to have resolved an intermittent usb connection problem too which appeared related.
scm

Post by scm »

Good news! Now you can get on and enjoy the car .... :D
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Just digging out an old thread as I am having this same issue on rare occasion when the engine starts on a stop/start at an intersection the infotainment system goes black, if I have carplay on it loses connection. Looks like there is a solution but will need to take to a dealer. It isn't often and so will wait for service but good to know it isn't just me.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Chilliblu

Post by Chilliblu »

Had the same problem with screen going blank when stop/start kicked in. Just been to the dealers and they have updated the Body Control Module? Said that the software was way out of date.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post