Software Update Available V20C

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

AIUI, software updates happen through the vehicles internal SIM, not the user-supplied one. Happy to be "corrected" (but that's anoither story!).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Jason B wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:04 pm Just collected the car, I was told that Jaguar hope to release an update (to the update) soon. Dealer suggested giving them a call in a couple of weeks to check, but asked me to take it in to update it rather than use SOTA.
Mine is in to try and resolve today. I know it doesnt make a difference having non functional options on the screen but it annoys me more than anything. I guess thats my OCD talking. Plus if there is a button for apple carplay i want it to work

Will report more once get an update
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

ayrejc wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:48 am
Jason B wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:04 pm Just collected the car, I was told that Jaguar hope to release an update (to the update) soon. Dealer suggested giving them a call in a couple of weeks to check, but asked me to take it in to update it rather than use SOTA.
Mine is in to try and resolve today. I know it doesnt make a difference having non functional options on the screen but it annoys me more than anything. I guess thats my OCD talking. Plus if there is a button for apple carplay i want it to work

Will report more once get an update
Well apparently it’s a faulty telematics unit that did not allow the update to download fully as they have identified missing files. New telematics unit on order and will be replaced next week let’s see then
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

final update - many on here got it right but now Jaguar realised as well. The update 20c was a generic update for all cars to solve a 4G issue and there is an imminent update for those cars without the correct hardware to remove the additional tiles that dont work! So back to square 1 - no apple carplay on the 8 inch infotainment as many wise people on here have said for last few years
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The erroronous tiles in MY18 F-types is now resolved with an updated version via SOTA.

Mine updated this morning. Details below.

Release notes:

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) - SOFTWARE VERSION: S20C1_20.48.3-635557, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BE (G2783550)
INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 20C1
Software Release Date: 2020-12-14

NOTE
THE SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR THIS RELEASE NOTE IS AVAILABLE ON THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS - Software Over The Air (SOTA)
This Document contains the following information:
Issues fixed in this release
InControl© Apps

THE SOFTWARE RELEASE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY NEW FEATURES.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
(XJ AND F-TYPE WITH AN 8" SCREEN AND 20C LEVEL SOFTWARE ONLY)
INCONTROL© APPS
In 20C the InControl© Apps tile was replaced with the Apple CarPlay tile in the 'Extra Features' menu. These vehicles do not support CarPlay so in this release for the 8" screen the InControl© Apps tile is back replacing the nonfunctioning CarPlay tile.

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE:
THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Confirmed the above update to 20C1 this morning has corrected the tiles in my MY18 F-Type.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

My MY20 still says “no updates available” and is running 19C, anyone know if the 20C is just for older cars?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

20C1 applies to all cars across the JLR range I believe. Yours being MY20 should of updated to v20 something at least.

It might be yours is not enabled for SOTA updates or is pending an update. If you PM me your reg I can look it up and check the status for any errors.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Deleted User 1715

Thanks simpleR, pm sent
Deleted User 1715

simpleR wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:31 pm 20C1 applies to all cars across the JLR range I believe. Yours being MY20 should of updated to v20 something at least.

It might be yours is not enabled for SOTA updates or is pending an update. If you PM me your reg I can look it up and check the status for any errors.
Thanks simpleR, really helpful. I will report back when it’s done!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post