Software Update Available V20C

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Just had a prompt in my MY2018 F-Type (shows a downward pointing area in the top left corner of the display) that a software update is available to V20C. Haven't downloaded yet, but is 50MB in size. (currently has V19B)
Last edited by Jason B on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Well V20C installed itself and had a message it would run following the next engine shutdown. Having checked tonight, it is running V20C, but all the extra functions (swipe right from main screen) are not correct for my car. It is showing things like Browser, Apple Car Play, i-Dynamic and a greyed out 4x4 tile. Some of the missing functions such as Ambient Lighting can be restored using a custom screen, but looks like the dealer will have to reset the software. Is due in next Thursday for it's annual service, so will have to see what they say.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Jason B wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:09 pm Well V20C installed itself and had a message it would run following the next engine shutdown. Having checked tonight, it is running V20C, but all the extra functions (swipe right from main screen) are not correct for my car. It is showing things like Browser, Apple Car Play, i-Dynamic and a greyed out 4x4 tile. Some of the missing functions such as Ambient Lighting can be restored using a custom screen, but looks like the dealer will have to reset the software. Is due in next Thursday for it's annual service, so will have to see what they say.
I had the same update and only had a quick look but see same tiles such as apple car play, browser, seats and the 4x4 tile. What should i be looking for that is missing?

Mine is a MY18 with the physical buttons

Thanks
MY18 F Type 400 Sport Coupe RWD Satin Chrome Orange
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Had another check and seems like ambient lighting and live missing which can be added manually to a custome screen. The new functions in particular apple carplay just say not available when pressed? What is the point of adding them then!! Should i be getting the dealer to reset or will i get added fucntions shortly?
scm

Post by scm »

Did you plug your iPhone in before pressing Carplay?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

scm wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:00 pm Did you plug your iPhone in before pressing Carplay?
Yes via the usb next to the sim card
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

I went to my Jaguar dealer today (car is due in tomorrow for service and MOT) so they could do a quick road test to locate a rattle. They are going to contact Jaguar today over the software update (I have the same issues as ayrejc) and whether there are any bulletins over this, but the dealer thought it may be only a certain group of F-Types (possibly MY18 with the 7" touchscreen) that may be affected with the wrong extra features. Also only a few people could be affected so far as not everyone uses a SIM card. They think they might have to manually revert the software back to 19C and then await an update from Jaguar on V20C.
Last edited by Jason B on Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
ayrejc

Post by ayrejc »

Jason B wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 pm I went to my Jaguar dealer today (car is due in tomorrow for service and MOT) so they could do a quick road test to locate a rattle. They are going to contact Jaguar today over the software update (I have the same issues as ayrejc) and whether there are any bulletins over this, but the dealer thought it may be only a certain group of F-Types (possibly MY18 with the 7" touchscreen) that may be affected. It maybe only a few people are affected so far as not everyone uses a SIM card. They think they might have to manually revert the software back to 19C and then await an update from Jaguar on V20C.
Thanks - interested to hear more if you get further updates. thanks
Deleted User 1254

Post by Deleted User 1254 »

And mine has black screened on me 3 times since the update......... Grrrr

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post