Software Update Available V20C

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

It's nonsense like this that made me lose faith in Jaguar and sell my F-Type. They just don't seem to know what they are doing when it comes to software.

Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Just spoken to the dealer this afternoon. They have been trying to revert the software back to an earlier version without success. I suspect it is because they have version 19C to go back to, but the last update for my MY2018 F-Type was 19B. They mentioned that Jaguar have pulled the update (not sure if that is just for the F-Type or all models), so rather than wait for Jaguar to come up with a solution, I've said I'll take the car back today and wait for the next software update. I can still access the missing functions via a custom screen for the moment. I wonder is anyone with the 10" touchscreen has updated to V20C and if so, have they had any issues.

At least the car passed its first MOT with no issues!
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

My (or rather the wife's) 2021 model updated some weeks ago now (can't remember when, hardly driving these days ...). Everything seems the same as before, especially all the funny quirks, like when radio/media is off you still get traffic news displayed - but you can't hear it! Pointless ...
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Jason B wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:23 pm Just spoken to the dealer this afternoon. They have been trying to revert the software back to an earlier version without success. I suspect it is because they have version 19C to go back to, but the last update for my MY2018 F-Type was 19B. They mentioned that Jaguar have pulled the update (not sure if that is just for the F-Type or all models), so rather than wait for Jaguar to come up with a solution, I've said I'll take the car back today and wait for the next software update. I can still access the missing functions via a custom screen for the moment. I wonder is anyone with the 10" touchscreen has updated to V20C and if so, have they had any issues.

At least the car passed its first MOT with no issues!
My MY20 is still on 19C, I tried to update it but it says 19C is the latest version?
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Just collected the car, I was told that Jaguar hope to release an update (to the update) soon. Dealer suggested giving them a call in a couple of weeks to check, but asked me to take it in to update it rather than use SOTA.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

That's the trouble with having an old car Gus!

Mind you, on my Volvo, all the software updates now don't apply to my 2017 model.
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:05 pm That's the trouble with having an old car Gus!

Mind you, on my Volvo, all the software updates now don't apply to my 2017 model.

Haha, I wasn’t complaining, everything on my car works perfectly so no idea what V20 has to offer anyway!

To be honest, all I do is plug my phone in and use carplay for everything!
scm

Post by scm »

I don't get this obsession with updating software - the hardware is great so what's to improve? :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I'm glad i have an original one which has no software updates and no problems from what i've seen. It just works.

If i need Android Auto - i just use the phone on a magnetic holder stuck to the dash and bluetooth audio.

I do feel it's wrong to roll out software without proper testing, which is what it sounds like to me.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Grousey29

Post by Grousey29 »

I have a SIM fitted to mine and it has updated automatically. I was giddy when I first saw the displays and as mentioned before none of them work when selected. :cry: :cry: :cry:

thumbnail_20201127_165425.jpg

thumbnail_20201127_165417.jpg

thumbnail_20201127_163037.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post