Software Update Available V20C

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

simpleR wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:31 pm 20C1 applies to all cars across the JLR range I believe. Yours being MY20 should of updated to v20 something at least.

It might be yours is not enabled for SOTA updates or is pending an update. If you PM me your reg I can look it up and check the status for any errors.

Update: simpleR you were absolutely right although it was easier to resolve. I booked my car in for service (next week) and explained the problem with being stuck on 19C. They called me today and said their technician had looked my car up on the Jag system and ‘fixed something’, I’ve just started the car up and almost straight away it asked to upload V20C1 so the SOTA is working fine and was in a paused state as you said. Thanks again, now have latest version.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Good news, glad it is now working.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
The_Leaping_Cat

Post by The_Leaping_Cat »

Hi All

How do i tell what incontrol pro software version my F type 400 sport is
this seems to be the only info i can find

thankshttps://www.ftypeforums.co.uk/download/file.php ... ew&id=8846

ictp.jpg

Black F Type 400 sport MY18
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Check out this thread which contains a screenshot of the screen where you can see the software version. Looks like you're checking the version of the navigation software. If I recall correctly you can see the version of the overall ICTP software in the software update function.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5302&start=30

S21B is the latest version.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Is the In-control software update different to the regular OTA software update?
I recently downloaded what I think is the latest version car version - S21B.
Do I needa different download for the In-control?
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
The_Leaping_Cat

I have been through every screen and cannot find the software version I have, also software update tab is no where to be found could this be because s.o.t.a. is not enabled ?
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

The_Leaping_Cat wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:17 pm I have been through every screen and cannot find the software version I have, also software update tab is no where to be found could this be because s.o.t.a. is not enabled ?
I went for a spin earlier today and checked... the version is displayed in the software update check function which is among the main settings. Yeah, maybe it's not available there if SOTA isn't enabled but it really should be possible to see the version number somewhere else in the system too.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

CJSJAG wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:19 pm Is the In-control software update different to the regular OTA software update?
I recently downloaded what I think is the latest version car version - S21B.
Do I needa different download for the In-control?
The "in control software" is the general infotainment software, In Control Touch Pro (ICTP) is what the whole infotainment system software is called and its latest version is S21B. As far as I know it's the same software that applies regardless of if you update it over the air or manually (through a USB stick I presume).

Then there's the navigation part of the system where the maps are updated separately/manually from the map data supplier. I don't know if map updates include software updates of the navigation software but I think navigation software updates (excluding maps) come with the overall ICTP updates.

It's all a bit confusing really and I wish JLR also included some features around software updates in the remote app.
CJSJAG

Post by CJSJAG »

Thanks MajorTom. So with S21B I have the latest version including the "In-Control" functions
I did previously update the nav. software about 2 onths ago.
I assume the above references to V20C are to a previous (obsolete) s/w version?
2021 R-Dynamic P380 Convertible BRG
The_Leaping_Cat

Thanks for the answer MajorTom, when I resolve this I will post the solution

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post