Software Update Available V20C

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

kevc wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:03 pm I don't quite understand these software versions. Mine says 19C and it was only built in November. It also says no updates are available if I tap the option to check.
There’s an electronic ‘switch’ on Topix that needs to be set for SOTA to work for your car. Speak to the Jaguar dealership and they should be able to sort that out remotely for you.

kevc

Post by kevc »

Thanks guys. I looked through the menus tonight and there's nothing about SOTA anywhere and every update button says it's already done. Oddly the last update was done on the day I picked it up 5 weeks ago so I'm surprised it seems so out of date.

Dealer emailed about that SOTA setting.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
scm

Post by scm »

kevc wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm Thanks guys. I looked through the menus tonight and there's nothing about SOTA anywhere and every update button says it's already done. Oddly the last update was done on the day I picked it up 5 weeks ago so I'm surprised it seems so out of date.
i'd guess their supplier installs the software so all modules get installed on the production line with a known software level. Mine had been on 19C since 2018 and it only updated a few weeks ago (see my previous post above in this thread) having told me "up-to-date" every time I checked. Hope you can get yours sorted out.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
The_Leaping_Cat

Post by The_Leaping_Cat »

Well that didn't go to plan main dealer updated my Sat Nav today but said the Telematics unit is now faulty and could not finish update so I have no satnav voice, Yes I checked the volume,no 4G connection,no jaguar remote just displays your car may have been stolen ,TCU on back order what a pain, will get back to me Monday with a solution
Black F Type 400 sport MY18
The_Leaping_Cat

something strange, yesterday Jaguar remote thought my car may have been stolen,not the case today back to normal,4G now working ,updated to 21B, dealer only updated to 19c, everything is working apart from satnav voice guidance,it mutes radio but has no sound,yes i have checked volume is turned up, any ideas why ? latest maps installed as well, thanks in advance
scm

Post by scm »

The_Leaping_Cat wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:48 pm something strange, yesterday Jaguar remote thought my car may have been stolen,not the case today back to normal,
Did you get a call from InControl?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
The_Leaping_Cat

No I did not get a call remote just displayed this

PSX_20220205_192957.jpg

kevc

Post by kevc »

After 2 weeks of no reply from the Jag dealer on my SOTA access I tweeted jagUK and they replied in 24 hours saying "there is an error screen showing when viewing the vehicle software level, this would require an investigation at a Jaguar approved retailer."

Bugger!!
So now I'll have to get back in touch with the dealer to sort that out. Hopefully it's a while-you-wait Saturday morning reset/reinstall rather than leaving it with them all day. I've just ordered a 64Gb USB to do the maps manually. It's a pity you can't cherry pick which countries on the map you want because 98% of that is european roads I have no interest in.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

My car currently running 21B, but recently suffered loss of 4G and spurious tracker alarms, one of which was when the car was stationary in the garage. Have charged up the battery as it seemed co-incident with starting the car, but have noticed the 4G is sometimes unavailable for a period of time, then after a few miles appears. Starting to think possible hardware problem (antenna or telematics), will chase up again with the dealer this week, having phoned twice and no-one called back. Thankfully have extended warranty in case.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
The_Leaping_Cat

Finally everything is now working,new Telematics module,sota working, hotspot,4g,running 21b now, thanks for the advice

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post