Boot panel removal - help please

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Tel wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:47 pm
RPSN wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:41 am
Great speakers those Tannoys.

I have a set of Wharfedale 505.2’s at home which produce a superb sound.......shame they couldn’t be compacted to fit in the F-Type.
You might be able to squeeze one in?

Nice set up someone has there......that must give one heck of a sound!

I find the compartment beneath the boot floor cover very handy for storage so I wouldn’t use it for anything else.....the Wharfedale’s are too big anyway (even one of them).

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

:cry:
Perhaps you bought the wrong car . Looks ugly , a Ford gt might suit
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

:lol: More than happy with my car.

That sound system is probably the business but it’s not something I’d consider fitting in mine!
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Tel wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:09 pm
RPSN wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:54 pm
giusemanuel wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:11 pm hi,
i also removed both rear panels and found this cable disconnected. It’s fixed with all the other cables and i can't figure out where it goes. Anyone have any idea what cable it is?

I don’t have that disconnected cable in my car boot. Some of the cables in the area are connected to the grey fusebox (see top photo). Your car doesn’t appear to have this although the bracket is there (bottom photo) so I’m wondering if the disconnected cable was originally intended for it and it’s not required?

If you can’t see anywhere that it connects to and it’s not causing any electrical issues etc, I wouldn’t be too concerned about it.

The grey connector you see floating around is part of the Transit mode setup. (Nothing to do with Fords!)

You can cable tie that up out the way as it will never be used again.

Small yellow wire in picture below the number 2 :
Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 21.06.49.png

I'd never noticed the disconnected 'transit relay connector' in the bottom of the car boot. Out of curiosity, I had another look before charging the battery and found it hidden underneath the battery positive lead (see pic).

Also attached are further screenshots with info on the Battery Isolation Transit Relay, taken from the Pre-Delivery Inspection Manual.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
giusemanuel

Post by giusemanuel »

Thank you very much for the replies. @RPSN @Tel
You were very thorough and reassured me.
Who knows why is missing gray fusebox? perhaps on the 2.0L model it is not provided. Or it is fusebox for electric boot. I have manual boot.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@giusemanuel 👍

The grey coloured fusebox shown in my pics is the 'Quiescent Current Control Module' (QCCM). I'm not sure why your car doesn't have this but there must be a valid reason? Perhaps someone else with the same car can confirm whether or not they have it?

Taken from JLR TOPIx....

"The QCCM is located adjacent to the BJB (Battery Junction Box) in the luggage compartment.

An addition to the Battery Monitoring System and using signals already transmitted by the BMS control module, the QCCM cuts the power supply to other non-essential control modules to avoid excessive discharge of the primary battery. The systems supplied via the QCCM are the audio/entertainment systems and the climate control systems.

Some control modules can cause unnecessary battery drain due to the module staying awake after the vehicle electrical system has been shut down. The QCCM, in conjunction with the GWM, monitor and control the systems to prevent battery drain.

The system consists of three components:

The Battery Monitoring System (BMS) control module.
The Gateway Module (GWM).
The Quiescent Current Control Module (QCCM).

The battery monitoring system checks primary battery health by analysing battery quiescent current, battery current drain or state of charge, and determines if any action is required to protect the primary battery. If action is required this is communicated to the GWM.

The GWM control logic uses this information to determine if action is required to assist primary battery protection. The QCCM receives open and close commands from the GWM and reacts accordingly.

The software that controls the QCCM is contained within the GWM.

The system will be set in transit mode on delivery. Transit mode has no QCCM operation and the relays remain closed. Therefore battery drain could occur and the system will not react to it.

A PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) process requires the system to be put into Normal mode which enables the quiescent current control module before handing over to the customer.

The QCCM has a routine to clean the relay contacts if required. This routine is performed using the Jaguar approved diagnostic system and, if unsuccessful, the unit will require replacement.

The module contains a number of fuses which supply and protect the audio/entertainment systems, and the climate systems."

I’ve attached a screenshot showing the Quiescent Current Control Module (item number 6).

1.png

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

My 2.0l does not seem to have that unit. You can see the empty bracket at the top of the pic.

DSC03831.JPG

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:27 am My 2.0l does not seem to have that unit. You can see the empty bracket at the top of the pic.

Thanks for confirming Philskill.

That should reassure member giusemanuel who also has the 2.0L.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
giusemanuel

Post by giusemanuel »

Thank you very much to @RPSN and @Philskill.

I am happy to be part of this forum.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

giusemanuel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:11 pm Thank you very much to @RPSN and @Philskill.

I am happy to be part of this forum.

👍

Cheers from me......it's a great forum :)
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post