Fixed rear spoiler fitment

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
badger

Post by badger »

Has anyone had any issues with the plug and water seal outlet fitment on the coupe when fitting the fixed rear spoiler?
The plug fits under between the frame and bootlid and the seal outlet fits on the inside of the tailgate. Its a genuine jaguar kit T2R19419LML. the plug is too small and the water seal outlet doesn't appear to fit. Their part numbers are T2R17398 /9

20201224_133706.jpg

2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)

scm

Post by scm »

I'll take a photo of mine tomorrow.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

You thought I'd forgotten, eh? Okay, you were right, but I got there in the end. ;)

dsc_2241-2000.jpg

T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Looks like there’s a part missing checked mine and it’s same as scm the bit on the photo clips into the part on your photo can see were it’s been fitted at some point cheers Tony
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
badger

Post by badger »

thanks SCM and T50 YOX, I have the other part but it doesn't seem to want to clip onto the other part? also is the bit i have shown is it supposed to be such a poor fit?
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
scm

Post by scm »

I haven't dismantled mine but I'd have thought you fit the outer bit first, then clip the bit you've shown into it. Can you show us the other (outer?) bit you've got?
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Has far as I can see when the upper part is centralised and the lower part is clipped in it should secure the drain and hold it in place will investigate tomorrow when I go out to the garage cheers Tony.
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
badger

Post by badger »

This is the plug cover that does seem to want to clip with plug.

20201225_195254.jpg

20201225_195237.jpg

2015 polaris white s.
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Can you manoeuvre the piece out of the hatch and then try clipping both parts together, if that works then split them again put the part back into the hatch and try to secure in place with a few drops of super glue or silicone it should then make it a bit more solid for you to press the outer part together if not we will have to go back to the drawing board cheers Tony
badger

Post by badger »

thanks for all the input, i took it all off and started again with the inner clip the other way up, this was the issue and its all sorted. have to say jaguar instruction leaflet was pretty poor as to which way it went in.
2015 polaris white s.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post