Where's the Fuse Box?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DWA

Post by DWA »

Just bought a 2017 V8 AWD R (RHS- UK) and trying to install a dash cam
Reading the user manual it states one of the fuse boxes is located in the passenger footwell. I found various pictures of this on the net. However, my vehicle footwell contains something very different.
Any idea what this is (image) and where this fuse box has been relocated.
Thanks

IMG20201226160136.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

Early manuals indicate the fusebox is in the passenger (left) side A pillar - though I haven't found one there for my MY18.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
DWA

Post by DWA »

The fuse box in the passenger (left) side A pillar is located just behind the bonnet lever, which is a flap that rips away from the carpet.
However, these contain different fuses to the missing footwell fuse box.
DWA

Post by DWA »

DWA wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:48 am Just bought a 2017 V8 AWD R (RHS- UK) and trying to install a dash cam
Reading the user manual it states one of the fuse boxes is located in the passenger footwell. I found various pictures of this on the net. However, my vehicle footwell contains something very different.
Any idea what this is (image) and where this fuse box has been relocated.
Thanks
UPDATE I've added a picture from the owner's manual. Although this is for the LHS version. It's fuse box 3 that I am trying to locate. As my car is a right hand drive version, the fuse box is not located under the driver pedals and not in the passengers footwell.

IMG20201226160136.jpg

Screenshot (15).png

DWA

Post by DWA »

scm wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:29 am Early manuals indicate the fusebox is in the passenger (left) side A pillar - though I haven't found one there for my MY18.
The fuse box in the passenger (left) side A pillar is located just behind the bonnet lever, which is a flap that rips away from the carpet.
DWA

Post by DWA »

scm wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:29 am Early manuals indicate the fusebox is in the passenger (left) side A pillar - though I haven't found one there for my MY18.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

DWA wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 am UPDATE I've added a picture from the owner's manual. Although this is for the LHS version. It's fuse box 3 that I am trying to locate. As my car is a right hand drive version, the fuse box is not located under the driver pedals and not in the passengers footwell.

This video of ‘Jaguar F-Type Dash Cam Fitting’ shows the fuse box that you’re looking for.

Not sure why yours looks different......must be a valid reason for it e.g. vehicle model, MY etc?

Also shown here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1684

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

any idea what the dash cam make is please
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I can't quite see the make of the dash-cam on the video link and I don't think the guy mentions it.

On the other link, the camera used by the OP was a BlackVue DR550GW-HD but this was in 2017 so it must have been updated by now.

Probably worth doing some research to find out what the best dash-cams are, or perhaps other members can give their opinions?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post