New Steering Wheel Buttons not working

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
SHAGUAR

Post by SHAGUAR »

I've replaced the left hand side buttons on the wheel the volume station search buttons etc.
I wore the black off the original ones so had to change them. I bought the OEM part and after
researching the removal of the air bag so I could easily take the button shroud then buttons out.

Now having fitted the new buttons they obviously don't work!... I've checked the old buttons no problems plugged in the new one's
still nothing.

I may have a faulty buttons but I though I ask if there was something I'm missing. Whether they require a reset to recognise the new ones.

Thanks
2016 V8 AWD Coupe black

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi,

You need to take the new button pack back out and swap the board from the old one into the new one, then all will be good.

There are just a couple of tabs to prise open to do this, it's easy to do.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
SHAGUAR

Post by SHAGUAR »

Excellent.

Many thanks for the advice I’ll give that a try.
2016 V8 AWD Coupe black
Denholm78

Post by Denholm78 »

Hello all.
I have been getting the exact same problems here. I have changed out the switches for new and swapped the circuit boards over. The fix lasted for two days and then they stopped again. By disconnecting the battery for 15min this seems to get the buttons working again. This must reset any faults, obviously I cannot continue to do this. So any further ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post