New battery cost

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
scm

Post by scm »

I vaguely recall DaddyDarren posting a pic of the front mounted battery recently, though my memory may not be reliable ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@scm

I can’t seem to find that picture?

Some are saying that the second (auxiliary) battery on the 2014/2015 Coupe models is located in the boot and some are saying under the bonnet?

Would be good to see some photos which clarify the location of it.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

No picture, but text ... viewtopic.php?p=49568#p49568
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Out
Last edited by Deleted User 1715 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

scm wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:31 pm No picture, but text ... viewtopic.php?p=49568#p49568

Thanks, I've already seen it when I searched for pics
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

GusA wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:43 pm Seems the batteries move about a lot dependant on model year. Very early cars had both batteries in the boot, then at some point the smaller one got moved into the engine bay and then disappeared altogether. I’ve seen some posts that say the smaller one is Lithium Ion and others saying it’s lead acid so that might have changed too!

That seems to clarify things then.

This topic from 2014 (which applies to the Coupe) explains that on this member's car the auxiliary battery is in the boot.....viewtopic.php?t=412

Here's what it says......

by Trance » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:44 pm

How to permanently disable the Eco stop start:

Rear of your car,
Lift up the tail gate,
Lift out the boot lining ( there are two sections that just clip out )
You will see two batteries
Do not touch the big battery that's located on the left hand side.

Disconnect the earth terminal on the small battery that's located in the rear center ( the battery looks the same size as a pint of milk in a carton )
Cable tie the earth strap out of the way ( keep it away from the positive lead though!)
The above procedure should take no longer than 5 mins.

Job done!
No more forgetting to press your Eco button
No warning lights on your dash,
No cutting out at junctions,
If you feel that your losing 10p a day on fuel simply reconnect the lead

The above procedure applies to the coupe model but I presume the convertible batteries should be in the same place?
Trance 2014-10-19 13:59:15
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Out
Last edited by Deleted User 1715 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

GusA wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:43 pm Seems the batteries move about a lot dependant on model year. Very early cars had both batteries in the boot, then at some point the smaller one got moved into the engine bay and then disappeared altogether. I’ve seen some posts that say the smaller one is Lithium Ion and others saying it’s lead acid so that might have changed too!
GusA wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:59 pm The clarification I was making is that there have been multiple changes to the electrical system and we should be very careful if applying what works for one owner to our cars unless we are certain it has the same system.

Dont' panic........as we’ve been debating about the location of the auxiliary battery on early F-Type models and nothing else, the clarification that you have made is that on some cars it’s located in the boot and on others it’s in the engine bay (under the bonnet). This is still unclear though?

In case the OP needs it, I've included the links (below) which show the auxiliary battery (Jaguar part number JDE32902) including some prices.

On the first link (I've also attached the image) you will see that item number 6 (auxiliary battery converter) is located in the RH (right hand side) trunk and not in the engine bay compartment (under the bonnet).

I've also attached a descriptive photo of a MY2014 F-Type Convertible boot/trunk which shows the main battery, auxiliary battery and auxiliary battery converter, so hopefully someone can provide a photo of the auxiliary battery which is apparently located under the bonnet on some early F-Types? Until then I remain unconvinced?

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/ ... e___i_pace

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253612220703

1.png

2.jpg

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof