Syncing contacts from phone not working

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
OldGrandad

Post by OldGrandad »

I hope you do not mind but I did not want to resurrect a 3 year old thread (re thread title). As it says, I have ensured my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite 1yr old) has all permissions ticked to enable the car to download my contacts, but to no avail (just displays icon showing the downloading but nothing actually happening). The car is a '16 and I checked on the Jaguar site and unfortunately my mobile model is not on the list (stops at Galaxy S9) but I cannot imagine that would hamper connection (display on info panel shows my phone connected). Any thoughts on what I need to do, I would be most grateful for.

Fez

Post by Fez »

I would try a older moblie that is on the jaguar list if you have one to try. It would not surprise me that your car does not recognise what you are trying to do. Tec changes so quick.....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@OldGrandad
Go into the settings menu and peek at the firmware version under "connectivity" . Might be you just need to get an update.

There are 3 sets of updates : maps (USB), firmware for the car (OTA) and connectivity (OTA) ; you sometime have to PROMPT the last one..

But this only works ofcourse if your firmware enabled OTA updates...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Quiet man

Post by Quiet man »

I have a 2015 V6S and a new huawei phone, had no problem connecting it to the car so I doubt its the phone model stopping it from working, but I could be wrong. Good luck in getting it sorted.
White V6S, red interior. Black 20inch alloy wheels.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I seem to remember having your contacts on phone or SIM made a difference to some issues.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
OldGrandad

Post by OldGrandad »

It must need an update, as @Fez said, try an older phone. I still had my old Honor 9 (on the compatibility list) and it downloaded the contacts. Difference, was that they were on the phone and on my Samsung they are on the SIM (possible issue?). Still very early days in as much as getting used to the F but I know there is a great like minded community here that have proved to be very helpful indeed.
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

It's to do with your phonebook Bluetooth version. Needs setting to 1.1 in developer options assuming it's android.

Rubbish software on JLR systems, my Toyotas don't have this problem!

Hopefully the 2 screens shots are attached...

Screenshot_20210321-085220_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-085217_Settings.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post