H136, H239, what's the difference?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

My car is going in tomorrow to deal with the sat nav not working properly, when I was speaking with the adviser I was told of the recall campaign H239. I immediately made sure to tell them not to be applied to my car, I will also mention this tomorrow when I drop off the car.
I love the sound at start up!
MY17 V6 Coupe S, Ultimate /Santorini Black, Panoramic Roof, 20" wheels

Derivative

Post by Derivative »

That's the other thing with this, it's not actually a recall. If it was a recall we would have been notified in writing and asked to bring the vehicle in. I wasn't.

Do check the job sheet carefully. Put a line through anything you don't like in addition to telling them and, in light of what happened with me, get a photocopy of the job sheet immediately after you've signed it.

I would say lock out the OBD port but they're almost certainly going to need it to fix the problem you've mentioned.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Thx I will!
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

I've posted on here before about reducing the roar noise on start up, for me it is something I want as I use the car daily and at stupid o clock in the morning too and I often feel antisocial!

What effect the update does isn't overly clear to me. I have read on this thread it reduces the start up road, on another reduces the popping on overrun, I can't see it affecting overall volume at full chat because the valves would be open, but again would like some more info.

Can those of you who have had it updated clear these points up for me please?
Thanks again!
Diabolik

Post by Diabolik »

Re H239 They are calling it a recall, as highlighted I told them not to do it.

20210422_110239.jpeg

NZ-400

Post by NZ-400 »

I had this update applied the other day - also described to me as a recall. I asked what the effect would be and was told “nothing that you’d notice”. Despite being less than impressed by that dismissive reply, I’ve not noticed any difference - so far.
400 Sport, white, panoramic roof, perfect
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Thanks - I also spoke to my dealer yesterday and a man who happened to be in having some work done on his F - he is not a member of this forum, but has a V6s like me. He drives it like he stole it (his own words) and had the update done last month i believe - his summary was that he has not noticed a bit of sound difference; it still pops and farts and bangs on overrun when lifting off the throttle.

The dealer service man also said that no one has complained to them since having the updates, and they have done a fair few of them now. It would seem like it doesnt really quieten down the initial rev on start up which is something I personally wanted.

So, whats the problem some people are having then? Is it a V8 issue only?
scm

Post by scm »

No issue with my V8 and H136.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Please can someone tell me where the old port is on my MY18 V8 AWD. it’s going in for a service next week and I don’t want it quietened down.

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
rjmlondon

Post by rjmlondon »

Lunar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:59 pm I've only had one personal experience so far but it was excellent.
Service carried out, with discount for using my supplied oil (JLR dealer freebie from previous "interaction") and online history updated.
I also had the ZF transmission pan/filter and fluid changed, supercharger fluid changed (they managed to extract pretty much all of it), and drive and ancillary belts changed - I'd already done the diff oil a few months ago.
Centre vent was replaced under warranty as requested, and when they phoned me with an update on progress they mentioned they were also changing the supercharger snout under warranty, as when they took the belts off the play was at the end of its tolerance.
Ok, so what was supposed to be an interim service was an expensive one, but way cheaper than a dealer would have charged and with impeccable service too. I now have a car that should need very little in the way of service expense for a good few years.

Re. Frimley I'll PM you too.
Hi Lunar,
I noticed you mentioned the super charger oil, i cannot find much information or service interval info. Do you have the specification and quantity / recommended change intervals? Is it an easy extract and refill?
Thanks
2015 F type R
Qatar
Polaris White
Carbon Fibre and black out

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post